Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Flash keeps deleting itself

New Here ,
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm currently trying to download the latest flash version on Opera but everytime I do, it keeps deleting itself. I found on a different forum to delete everything on macromed but i accidentally deleted flashinstall.log as well (and emptied recycle bin). What happens now? and how do i stop flash player from deleting itself?

Current system: Windows 10, 64 bit

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exactly do you mean by 'Flash player keeps deleting itself"?

The installer file does delete itself after it's executed.  For issues viewing Flash content on Opera, see Flash player with Opera

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Opera 49 makes Flash Player click-to-play by default.  For the previous 15 years, content developers could pretty much assume that if Flash Player wasn't visible from JavaScript, that it wasn't installed.  Now that browsers are actively interceding in Flash Player activation, that assumption no longer holds true, and a lot of existing content is going to encourage you to install Flash.  In the modern case, Flash is typically installed, but is being blocked by the browser from running.

Opera picked all of this functionality up from the Chromium project, so the following might be helpful:

Use or fix Flash audio & video - Computer - Google Chrome Help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines