• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Flash Player 11 ActiveX and Adobe Reader XI - Windows 10 compatibility

New Here ,
Sep 19, 2019 Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, are these two products compatible with Windows 10? The Adobe Flash Player 11 ActiveX and the Adobe Reader XI?

Thank you for your answers.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 23, 2019 Sep 23, 2019

Just for completeness, you should only run the latest available version of Flash Player.  I don't work on Reader, but I imagine that the same applies there.  If you're running software where it's primary job is to process inherently untrusted content (your browser, operating system, browser plug-ins, email clients, video players, etc.), you definitely want to stay updated.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Sep 19, 2019 Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are both end of life. This means nobody will test or report compatibility. Both products have unfixed security issues and should not be used in any situation.  The current versions are free. Flash player is to be discontinued soon. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 21, 2019 Sep 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Microsoft embeds Flash Player ActiveX for IE and Edge in Windows 10 and has since the beginnering of Windows 10.  Microsoft continues to release Flash Player ActiveX Control updates to IE and Edge when they are available.  Since Microsoft embeds Flash Player in IE/Edge all updates are released by Microsoft via Windows Update.

As for the status of Acrobat XI - please post to the Acrobat communit: https://community.adobe.com/t5/Acrobat/bd-p/acrobat 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 23, 2019 Sep 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just for completeness, you should only run the latest available version of Flash Player.  I don't work on Reader, but I imagine that the same applies there.  If you're running software where it's primary job is to process inherently untrusted content (your browser, operating system, browser plug-ins, email clients, video players, etc.), you definitely want to stay updated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines