• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Flash Player 11 Won't Install Mac OS X 10.8.5

New Here ,
Oct 08, 2013 Oct 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I attempted to install the FlashPlayer 11 update today and the installer crashes during the installation.  I am using Mac OS X 10.8.5 and Safari 6.0.5.  I have tried to uninstall and reinstall a fresh installation of FlashPlayer but with the same end result the installer crashes just a few percentage points into the install process.

Please advise?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Oct 11, 2013 Oct 11, 2013

I fixed this issue restoring /mach_kernel (which was missing in my MacOS installation) and reinstalling Flash.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Oct 12, 2013 Oct 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

egon1984 wrote:

I'm not surprised they don't appear here.

That's because I deleted them after Jeffy boy started sending inflammatory emails to me.

You two huddle together tightly. You'll need each other to get through life. Lord knows, neither of you could do it on your own.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You started.

No moderators here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look. You guys came here with a NON-ADOBE problem, and expected that it would naturally be somepone else's responsibility to fix YOUR stupod mistake. Then, when you didn't like the answer "It was YOUR fault, NOT anyone's here" you began the personal attacks and name calling.
I have just as much right to post here (more actually, because I actually HELP people, I don't blame MY stupidity on them) as you do. If you don't want to read what I post, turn off email notifications for this thread. I'd explain how to do that, but you'd whine and complain that I'm being condescending, so look it up for yourself. You and your partner already declared that you know more than I do, so prove it, wise @$$. Besides, I'm all out of sock puppets and crayons, so it'd just go over your head.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a nice trolling experience by your own.

Bye.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 11, 2013 Oct 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mr. McBlob,

Admittedly you know a lot about computers, but it seems you are using that AGAINST people. I openly admitted I'm a "stupid user," but you seem to want to PUNISH "stupid users" (I'm the top user in a company of 800 people, but by no means as good as you--I just mention that because it should be obvious to you that most people AREN'T as knowledgeable about computers as you are. Should we all just stop using computers? Would you like us all to never use YouTube again because we made a stupid mistake?) Since YouTube stopped working after I and hundreds of others installed the Flash update, the Adobe forum was a logical place to go first.

And yes, I know that not everybody has TimeMachine, but most Mac users do, and egon1984 and I gave them something to work with. For a couple of days, there was nothing. Users without Time Machine can of course reinstall the OS as another way to get mach_kernel back. Or maybe they can get it from another machine with the same OS. 

I suggest zen meditation to settle yourself down a bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2013 Nov 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To all on this thread:

Honorable people can disagree honorably. However, inflammatory comments don't help those of us who need help from these forums. Several wise brains were utilized to thrash out the Adobe Player problems. You're all appreciated and all deserve a thank you from users like myself.

Please, everyone, let's keep our ego's in check while minimizing our own, and all other's, perceived abrasive personality traits.

These forums exist solely to solve problems within the Community. We're not marrying each other. We're simply sharing our brains.

Thanks to all in resolving the install problem.

Respectfully,

Dr. Sarah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

McBlob,

It's a problem that hundreds of people were having. Actually, it was an interesting case of 2 related problems. Many Mac users, accustomed to occassionally seeing useless install files, logs, etc. in the root of their hard drive, just deleted mach_kernel, and their machines continued to work fine, until this Flash update failed. Your response is baffeling to me. I wish I had your email address so I could comment further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

egon1984 was SUPER HELPFUL. The computers of hundreds of people could NEVER play videos on YouTube again! Seriously, McBlob, I'm amazed at how unhelpful, and small you're being about this. People came to this forum with a Flash problem. egon1984 solved it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2013 Oct 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much.  That was exactly my problem.  Following your advice I was able to get Flash Player to install perfectly.  Thanks for your help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 18, 2013 Oct 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 18, 2013 Oct 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's STILL not an Adobe problem.
What's totally incredulous is that Apple HAS YET to make ANY type of announcement about this on their site... at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2013 Nov 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mike, many thanks for both your knowledge and impressive deductive logic concerning the Flash Player issue. Following your detailed instructions, my installations went smoothly on all Macs. A physicist, I'm inherently skeptical of deleting files I'm ignorant about. Thanks for the hand holding. Lastly, humans are interesting creatures. Illogical on the face of it, pun intended, your cowboy hat gave this ex-pat Texan solice. Of course, BU and restore capability is even better than a hat...but its a great hat!

Respectfully,

Sarah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2013 Dec 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same thing as gadzhimari's screenshot, but still had /mach_kernel on my system.

Using the offline installer (instead of the downloader that they link to in most places) worked for me:

http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/licensing/mac/install_flash_player_11_osx.d...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2013 Oct 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to all on the thread for the solution.

I have no recollection of deleting the "mach_kernal" file from the root level of my system, but evidently I did!   SO..., I downloaded Mt. Lion 10.8.5 and did a reinstall and now Flash 11.9 installs without a hitch.  For those who are having this issue, just spend the time to download the 4+ Gb Mt. Lion installer and re-install.  OR you can wait a week or two and purchase Mavericks!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2019 Oct 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

Thank you for your experience and answers, but did you try it with Free Hand MX instaled, without demages,...on FH 11 offcourse ??

That is my big problem, once i creat during years thousands of files with it,  Free Hand, so i my clients need it alm the time. I pay some one to export to Ai CS4, but even 2 or 3 person could has no tyime life to do it.. !! 

Thank you so much for you time, and if you need some thing from me, be ny guest.

JC - Azores Islands - Portugal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines