• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Flash player 26.0.0.151 won't work with Safari

New Here ,
Aug 14, 2017 Aug 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated Adobe Flash Player to version 26.0.0.151 won’t work with  MacOS 10.9.5 and Safari 9.1.3 but will work with Firefox.  Although I've checked Safari preferences to ensure that FP is properly allowed, I get the message, "Your browser does not currently recognize any of the video formats available." I have uninstalled and re-installed to no avail.  Previous FP version worked perfectly.  Specifically can't view anything from YouTube, although the ads at the top of the YouTube home page work just fine.  Any fixes for this problem?

As an addition to above, situation was corrected by disabling "click to flash" in Safari preferences.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 14, 2017 Aug 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

YouTube generally doesn't use Flash Player.  It's been exclusively HTML video for years, same thing for the ads.  You can confirm that they're Flash by right-clicking/double-tapping on them.  If the context menu says About Flash Player at the bottom, it's Flash.  If not, it's HTML/JavaScript.

That said, Safari continues to make it more difficult to use Flash Player, and defaults often change between versions. 

We try to keep this up to date with the latest Safari changes:

Enable Adobe Flash Player for Safari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines