Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Flash Player 26.0

New Here ,
Aug 25, 2017 Aug 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Day,

A work colleague created a virtual tour and gave me the tour to view using Adobe Flash player. I open the file and when I select the link to open up the product it does not open (all this while using Firefox.) I then tried using Internet Explorer Version 11.00.9600.18763 and I have the same problem, however, it tells me to install flash player and retry, even after downloading and installing a flash player for IE11. When I try and manage the Add-ons in IE11, the flash player does not even show in the installed add-ons tab. I have tried everything and even had out IT manager try solve the issue with no success.

The same file opens up perfectly on my colleague’s (who created the product) computer and his PC settings are entirely the same as my computers settings.

Any advice please?

Operating System: Windows 7

Web browser and Version: Firefox 54.0.1.6388

Flash player version: 26.0

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Are you getting any error message while viewing the flash content? Are you able to view any flash content other than your page? Do you get any error pop-up?

Please share, if any.

Also,Please got o control panel -> flash player-> updates. Share the list of flash player version present on your system.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

When trying to open to product using Firefox, it just gives me a blank page. When trying to open it in IE11 I am given a "Flash Player and install it on your computer" message, even while Flash player is installed. I am able to view other items through the flash player. 26.0.151 is the current flash player. Installed on the PC I have Adobe flash player Active x as well as Adobe Flash player 26 NPAPI.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 27, 2017 Aug 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

What url are you trying to access? If Flash Player working for other sites for both IE and Firefox browsers?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2017 Aug 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day,

Thanks for your response. The product that I am trying to open up is from a folder on my desktop, and not directly from a Internet URL. I have installed the latest Flash for IE11 , Firefox and Chrome (inherently it has a built in flash) see image below.   So let me take you step by step with screen shots, of my problem.

All steps in Firefox - Step one: I locate the tour that I want to open up and I open click to open. I am then presented with this screen...

Step two: I then double click on the hyperlink to open up the tour and i get this image....

So now the tour is supposed to be open, but it is not. And we have established that I have the most recent flash player for Firefox (First Screenshot).

Step Three: Now i click on the "i" button and am presented with the following information...

Step four: Then I click on the block type button (Think it is the add on button) and i get the following screen...

I select the "Continue Allowing" and still it does not open.

In IE11 First Step: I open up the tour and am presented with the following screen shot...

Step Two: I select "Allow blocked content" and then click on "Touweaver ELANDSPUNT.html" and then get this screen...

Step Three: I then once again select "Allow blocked Content" and nothing happens. what puzzles me is that it says i must download Flash player and install it (which is already done.) Now when i select the settings button, Manage Add-Ons, I get this screen...

Now I can see that for some reason, the Flash player is not visible as a loaded Add On, but is visible when i select the view all add ons, as shown in the next screen...

Despite all this, it still does not open up the tour.

This is all the information with screen shots that I have. If you need more information, let me know.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 06, 2017 Sep 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"The product that I am trying to open up is from a folder on my desktop, and not directly from a Internet URL."

The loading of local content was disabled by default several releases ago.  Please see Release Notes Flash Player 23 AIR 23  section "Disabling local-with-filesystem access in Flash Player by default" for more information, including information how to enable loading of local content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines