• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Flash Player 32.0.0.223 keeps asking to update

New Here ,
Aug 20, 2019 Aug 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I package software for my college. Here is the command line I use for the installer:

wmic product where "name like 'Adobe Flash Player%% NPAPI'" call uninstall

msiexec /i "install_flash_player_32_plugin.msi" /quiet /qn /norestart AutoUpdateDisable=1

This has worked for previous versions of Flash Player with no problems. But my supervisor has told me that he's been getting reports of people saying Flash Player is asking people to update it but I've never experienced this myself. We want to prevent this from happening as we use Altiris to deploy software.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 27, 2019 Sep 27, 2019

Details on how to deploy Flash Player in enterprise scenarios can be found in the System Administrator's Guide, here: 

https://www.adobe.com/devnet/flashplayer/articles/flash_player_admin_guide.html

That said, I don't think this is a deployment issue.

Most of the modern browsers in the US are blocking Flash Player by default.  In general, every website with Flash content has some JavaScript to detect whether or not Flash is installed, and the bulk of Flash sites pre-date the effort to deprec

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 27, 2019 Sep 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Details on how to deploy Flash Player in enterprise scenarios can be found in the System Administrator's Guide, here: 

https://www.adobe.com/devnet/flashplayer/articles/flash_player_admin_guide.html

That said, I don't think this is a deployment issue.

Most of the modern browsers in the US are blocking Flash Player by default.  In general, every website with Flash content has some JavaScript to detect whether or not Flash is installed, and the bulk of Flash sites pre-date the effort to deprecate Flash.

Background on that here: 

https://theblog.adobe.com/adobe-flash-update/

If the site doesn't detect Flash, it's pretty common for that boilerplate detection code to recommend that the user install or update Flash.  It was a pretty safe assumption for most of the late 90's and early aughts that if you couldn't detect Flash, that the user didn't have it installed.   At this point, it's more likely that the user needs to enable Flash Player in their browser's preferences. 

As we approach 2020, each of those browser vendors has a roadmap that centers on increasing end-user friction to running Flash content (e.g. moving from hiding the preferences to requiring the user to launch with commandline-parameters before ultimately just removing all of the plugin APIs). 

A lot of the browser include enterprise administration options that allow administrators to disable the Flash deprecation stuff.  If you're talking about managed lab environments, you can probably suppress a lot of that, but you'll need to look through the documentation for every browser in your environment.  For individual users in a BYOD situation, you're better off just identifying the products and services on your network that generate the calls and pushing the relevant departments/vendors to update to services that remove the Flash dependencies.

We keep a guide to enabling Flash here that you could point people to. 
We try to keep it updated with the latest browser and OS changes as they emerge. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines