• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe flash player 32.0, was told to update is now stuck on the installing phase, been 2 days now.

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I really need help with this,

I was told i needed to update flash player so i did, downloaded then installed, in order to complete the process it told me to uninstall the flash manager thing, i had only two options, quit or uninstall so i chose uninstall as quit was not working.

i am now stuck please help, i have an exam tomorrow.

TOPICS
Update

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not familiar with a situtaion where Flash Player installer would tell you to uninstall.

Please try a complete uninstall, then re-install

1. Download the uninstaller form https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-mac-os.html
  2. Download the installer from https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer
  3. Exit out of all browsers and applications that may use Flash Player
  4. Run the uninstaller downloaded in step 1
  5. Reboot the system
  6. Run the installer downloaded in step 2

Note that ALL browsers disable/block Flash by default and prmopt the user to allow/enable Flash when the browser detects the content requires Flash Player.  If the browser can't tell the content requires Flash Player, it can't prompt the user to allow/enable Flash.  In this case, it's a content issue and needs to be reported to the content provider.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines