• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Flash player and HP Printer, HP solution Center

Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Respectfully, my  HP Deskjet F4172 printer needs Adobe flash player (AFP) in connection with its  in particular HP Digital Imaging Monitor and HP Solution Center and it does not work without AFP, regarding that Adobe Flash Player will not be suppoeted anymore by end December, 2020, what is the alternative for AFP? Hp Support does not answer clearly, thanking you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

As jeromiec83223024 indicated previously, the onus is on HP to update their software to use something other than Flash Player.  I would contact HP directly, not their community forum which appears to be a user-to-user forum.

Adobe and the browser vendor's announced Flash Player's end-of-life over 3 years ago, giving developers ample time to migrate to a different technology.

https://theblog.adobe.com/adobe-flash-update/

https://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/end-of-life.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Player is going away, so if there's a hard dependency, HP would need to provide an update to whatever software we're talking about in order to eliminate that dependency.  We announced that Flash Player was going away back in 2017, so there's been plenty of time to address it.  

That said, I find it super, super weird that your printer has a dependency on Flash Player.  It seems like a relatively new and supported printer.  The whole situation isn't really making a lot sense to me, and I suspect that there's something more nuanced maybe happening than what's described above.  A screenshot or a little video capture of what you're encountering that led you to conclude Flash Player was the issue would probably clear that up and let me give you a useful answer.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2020 Oct 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange that when sonebody makes a post, the person is not informed be the email!!!! and I saw the above post  accidentally, however, many hp printer like that one of mine, HP Deskjet f 4172, which are old over 10 years ago, their Solution Center works only with Adobe flash player and without flash palyer it does not work and the printer becomes blind, and before you become "super weird!!!" it is better to read and get more information before posting as above, please refer to HP Community in order to see the above problem, which does not respon to the problem, perhaps according to the HP company the people are capitalist!!! and the period per period they must pay for a new printer, in addition to, unistalling the old printer and installing the new printer in many cases lead to damage the window update that I have such experience, reinstalling the window was useless, that  I had to pay to a expert to solve the issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is, the following message, is sent to me by one of the HP Community:

Hi there,

Yes, Adobe Flash Player is one of the requirements for the HP Solution Center software to work, it will not operate without it and will display a blank Solution Center screen.

Hope that clarifies,

this, following is the second message of the same person:

I don't know about any internal information, any public information will probably be provided closer to this point.

Generally, I doubt there will be any full software update, as the HP Solution Center has been discontinued about  10 years ago, I find it hard to believe that the entire software will be rebuilding for such older products, but this is just my personal opinion.

What options will be provided instead, only time will say?

If you are still "super wird!!!!" you can contact the HP Community directly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Progress can be a wicked witch.  But after 10 years I think it's fair to say you got more than your money's worth out of the printer.  If you can't use it without the Solution Center, it's time to replace the printer. 
image.png

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I told above, the issue is not to spend money, the issue is uninstalling the old printer and installing a new printer may be lead to damaging window update that I had  having big problem , war nerve, in addition to pay to computer technesian, which I had and I do not want to face it again, how much must we pay for these greedy companies???? to buy various softwares every year,to buy any few years a computer which is build in some way that faces technical problems and the person is pussed to buy a new one because reparation is not economic......, internet providers.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As jeromiec83223024 indicated previously, the onus is on HP to update their software to use something other than Flash Player.  I would contact HP directly, not their community forum which appears to be a user-to-user forum.

Adobe and the browser vendor's announced Flash Player's end-of-life over 3 years ago, giving developers ample time to migrate to a different technology.

https://theblog.adobe.com/adobe-flash-update/

https://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/end-of-life.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2021 Jan 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Contact HP CEO via email, this link  Executive Team: CEO email | HP® Official Site

Let them know your complaint, and maybe as I have, let them know if no software update to be made available shortly to allow HP Solution Center to function without FLASH, will no longer support HP through purchase of products, PERIOD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 17, 2021 Jan 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Get a printer with onboard controls. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My mail to that incapable persons on board of HP:

Sirs!
Ref your HP Solution Center linked to AFP you clearly let your customers down. Since 2 Years you should know about that issue! Even can one download the drivers from your URL wothout any hint that it do not work. This is the worst and most stupid behaviour of a firm and its management.

I will never ever buy any sort of your "brown" products again and I will fire every employee who is mentioning your firm's name. My new passion is being the worst markting for HP

Your habit is a crime! Are you trump?

Dr. Robert Barner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanking you, I have contacted for two times, but they answered they are not resposible for the Adobe Flash Player decison!!! and I am out of the warranty!!! how must a HP user answer them back?! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And so, I had to to buy  a new printer because I had to do my job, as if , the people must pay every year a new printer because the warranty is for one year!! there is other way trise the waranty time, but in fact it is a kind to decive the peolple to get money by the HP, when you buy a new printer, the instructions is not explaiened enough, contacting with them, nobody answer telling they are busy!! or to contact with them by chat over whatapp!! if some one has not or does not want to instal Whatsapp, what must he do?! such companies have become as dictator out of any control exploiting the people.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is an Adobe product community, not the HP help forum.

Outdated hardware is unlikely to be supported.  If HP can't help you, it's probably time to upgrade, yes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines