• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Flash Player blocking Facebook and Youtube

Explorer ,
Dec 05, 2016 Dec 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, so today I wanted to open Facebook.com on computer as always and suddenly since today I am seeing the same thing all the time (picture in attachment). Thing is, when I open messenger (facebook's product) on chrome, it works, just facebook.com doesnt work. On other browsers - opera/firefox it works, just on chrome it doesnt, tried to disable all extensions, tried 2 antivirus programs, nothing helped it, even tried to download Flash Player multiple times and install it and still no help, dont you know a fix for that??

as of youtube, it doesnt work on chrome, but works on firefox/opera as well.

Adobe says I am using the newest Flash Player within Chrome and everything works fine..but it does not..if anyone can, I would appreciate any help!!

+PS: No other sites are doing that, just facebook and youtube exclusively.

PS2: I am a bit worried of reinstalling the Chrome as I dont want to lose all the bookmarks and passwords.

Screenshot_10.jpg

Screenshot_11.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Dec 06, 2016 Dec 06, 2016

so I have fixed the problem, I followed a lot of steps from other sites, so I will post it here in case someone ever gets to that:

"In fact you should delete all of DO_NOT_TRUST_FiddlerRoot certificates. There's an adware that installs those certificates and injects encrypted HTML advertising content from various websites, hence SSL certificate.

To find more of your certificates:

Open mmc.exe (hold windows logo and press R, write it in and press enter) --> Crtl + M --> Certificates --> Click Add >

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh and if i try to click proceed anyway, I get that screen:

Screenshot_12.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This is not Adobe blocking the content.  Adobe doesn't block any content.  This is either Chrome or Facebook blocking the version of Flash Player you have on Chrome.

Please do the following:

1. Launch Chrome and navigate to chrome://plugins
  2. In the upper right corner click the +Details button to display plugin details (if they aren't already displayed)
  3. Look for the Adobe Flash Player item and post a screenshot of the entire plugin details - See How to I attach a screenshot?

The latest Flash Player version is 23.0.0.207.  If you do not have this version installed, do the following:

1. In Chrome, navigate to chrome://components
  2. Look for the Adobe Flash Player item
  3. Click the Check for updates button
  4. Chrome component updater will check for an update and download/install it.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot_13.jpg

the untick box says "always allow startup" or how it is in english version.

and the () next to PPAPI says "out of process" or so.. or not in process, I should change chrome to eng

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to the screenshot you posted you have the latest version of Flash Player installed.  Does this happen to all Flash Player sites when you use Chrome?  Please go to https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html and click the 'Check Now' button.  Post a screenshot of the resulting system information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ive done what you asked a few times..and as Ive mentioned before, it happens only when I use Chrome and only to Facebook and Youtube. On firefox/opera youtube and facebook work without any problem. Its just Chrome & FB/Youtube

Screenshot_14.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This appears to be an issue with Facebook and Youtube.  It's clear from the screenshots you have the latest version installed, but for some reason they are not detecting it.  Furthermore, they don't indicate which version they are detecting.  I'd like to check one more thing on your system.  Launch Windows Explorer and navigate to C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash and post a screenshot of the contents.  If this is a 64-bit OS, post a screenshot of the contents of C:\Windows\Syswow64\Marcomed\Flash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot_15.jpg

but other explorers are cool with it, just Chrome has some problem with fb, youtube and flash..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please restart your system and try accessing facebook and youtube again, using Chrome.  Did that resolve the issue?

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, please click on the padlock next to the URL and post a screenshot of the results.  Are you using a network sniffer, such as Fiddler, or something else, that could be intercepting the request?

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Restarting the computer havent helped either...

Ive changed the language so you can understand..

Screenshot_17.jpg

and no, I do NOT use any  network sniffers or anything else, just normal connection from my operator, no other programs involved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 06, 2016 Dec 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry, I  didn't give complete instructions yesterday.  Please do the following:

1. Click on the padlock next to the URL, when the dialog window opens, click on the Details link:
  2. This will open the Developer Tools window pane
  3. In the Developer Tools section, click View Certificate
  4. When the Certificate Window displays, navigate to the Certificate Path tab
  5. Post a screenshot of the Certificate Path tab

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot_18.jpg

the box says:
This certificate is okay/alright..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The screenshot you posted is not a valid certificate from facebook.  Here is a screenshot of the valid certificate:

Notice your screenshot has DO_NOT_TRUST_FiddlerRoot and mine does not. This is the cause of the behaviour you are observing.  Something you installed installed the FiddlerRoot certificate.  Performing a search for "do_not_trust_fiddlerroot"  will return many hits for this issue, including how to fix the issue.

<edited>

Note that while Fiddler is legitimate web debugging software that installs a certificate to enable debugging HTTPS sites, it's possible this was installed by some malware (according to some of the search results I got), especially if you've never installed Fiddler on your system.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so I have fixed the problem, I followed a lot of steps from other sites, so I will post it here in case someone ever gets to that:

"In fact you should delete all of DO_NOT_TRUST_FiddlerRoot certificates. There's an adware that installs those certificates and injects encrypted HTML advertising content from various websites, hence SSL certificate.

To find more of your certificates:

Open mmc.exe (hold windows logo and press R, write it in and press enter) --> Crtl + M --> Certificates --> Click Add > --> My User account --> Click Finish --> Click OK

now just open every single folder and delete every single DO_NOT_TRUST_FiddlerRoot certificate you will find."

after that, I downloaded from DigiCert Root Certificates - Download & Test | DigiCert.com three certificates:

• DigiCert High Assurance EV Root CA
  • DigiCert SHA2 Extended Validation Server CA
  • DigiCert High Assurance CA-3

Then I installed those three certificates just by doubleclicking them and clicking "Install certificate" (or so).

After that was done, I went to Chrome's settings, opened advanced settings, clicked "Change proxy settings" and then "Settings of LAN Network" (or so) and found out I have box saying: "Use automatic configuration script" ticked and there was this address "http://localhost.domains/localhost.local"​ I have no idea what that is, so I deleted it, unticked the box and left only "automatically find out settings"(or so) ticked and refreshed Chrome, opened FB/Youtube and everything was working fine! So I guess one of those three things was the issue, but its all fixed, thank you for helping me to find out it is the certificate's fault! Couldnt find my problem anywhere, so I wrote here and now its fixed, thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome.  Glad that you were able to resolve the issue and posted the solution that worked for you.  I went ahead and marked that answer as correct.

Since it's possible some adware/malware installed the certificates, you'll want to scan your system for viruses, malware, adware, etc to ensure it's not infected with something.

<edit>

If you do happen to find which software installed the DO_NOT_TRUST_FiddlerRoot certificate (aside from Fiddler itself), please post it back here.  We'd be interested to know this information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

will add picture of that:

Screenshot_19.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The cleanup steps are incomplete; the PC is definitely infected with malware. It's running a proxy server on your PC to which your browser requests were being sent. Beyond running the proxy, the malware can adjust your proxy settings and add new certificates to your trusted store at will. If you open the "http://localhost.domains/localhost.local " url in your browser, you'll see something like "PROXY 127.0.0.1:8888" where the number is the port on which the proxy is running. You can then use netstat -o from a command line to see the process ID of the process running on that port, and then use the Task Manager to see the name and path of the executable running that proxy process.

Background

FiddlerCore​ is a library that allows developers to build Fiddler-like proxy functionality into their .NET applications. Sadly, there are a fair number of adware applications that use it (in violation of its license) and even though Telerik now charges a pretty penny to license it, the bad guys mostly just use the old freeware version from circa 2012.

This usually hits the public radar when the adware's sloppily written code fails to trust its root certificate such that HTTPS to every site in every browser starts to fail. Users see "Fiddler" and go looking for that and complain to Telerik. Outright use by malware anecdotally seems rare, because most of the true malware isn't written in .NET.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And how do I get rid of that malware or process that runs the server?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 09, 2016 Dec 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Unfortunately, cleaning malware/adware from someone's system is beyond the scope of the Flash Player forums.  You'll need to contact your friendly IT person, or someone who knows how to clean a system from malware.  If you're comfortable doing the work yourself, there are lots of legitimate support forums on the web who can assist you with this.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 10, 2016 Dec 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well everything seems okay, thank you all for the help, you can lock the topic, have a great day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2020 Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe is blocked in games on facebook and in using chat (messenger) will not open contact.  I followed your instructions on checking certificate and this is a screenshot of that certificate:

Gloria5CE3_0-1608516519757.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines