Jul 31, 2017 Jul 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to contact Adobe.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 01, 2017 Aug 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe doesn't offer direct support for free products like Flash Player.  We provide these user-to-user forums, and the staff here monitor them as a courtesy to the community.  Most of the people that respond here actually work on the product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK jer, maybe you can help with my problem.  I get "flash plug-in blocked" errors on several web sites. I dble click on Flash player on the control panel and get " Adobe flash player control panel applet has stopped working". I uninstalled flash player and I get the same errors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've branched your conversation out to a new thread, since it was distinct from the original one.

First off, that's pretty weird.  I can't think of the last time someone complained about the control panel crashing.  It's definitely interesting.

First things first, what operating system and version are we talking about?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting.  Let's break this out into two problems:

1.) Blocked Plug-In Messages

Most of the major browsers are making it difficult to run Flash Player these days, and they all have a slightly different approach.  None of them are perfect, so some flexibility with what browser you use can often get you around problems when the recommended approach fails.  It's not surprising that you'd continue to get error messages on websites with Flash uninstalled.

Also, because we don't actually do the installation for Chrome, IE and Edge on Win10 (Flash Player is simply baked into those browsers, and not a separate, discrete component), our uninstaller doesn't do anything.  It's really just affecting Firefox and Opera in the context of Windows 10.

Long story short, outside of Firefox, uninstalling and reinstalling probably didn't do anything to change this, which is why it didn't help. 

The most likely scenario is just that the browsers have started blocking Flash, and you'll need to make changes to re-enable it.

These guides should help you get going:

Enable Flash Player for Google Chrome

Enable Flash Player for Firefox
Adobe Flash Player enabled but not recognized in Windows 10 Edge

It's also possible that Flash is damaged on the disk or something (this might account for the crashing control panel, too), and that it's just not in a valid state that the browser can actually use.  This would imply disk corruption or something, but let's rule all of the other things out first...

2.) Crashing control panel

This one is interesting.  Because Flash Player is a built-in component of IE and Edge, I'm pretty sure that the control panel is effectively baked into Windows.  Uninstalling Flash Player on Win7 or below would remove the control panel, but I did confirm that it persist through an uninstall on Win10.  This fits my expectations, since you can't actually uninstall Flash Player for Edge and IE, because it's a built-in component of those browsers.  (i.e. Removing the control panel but leaving Flash on the system would be bad, and also implies that it's installed along with the OS)

That the control panel is crashing indicates that something pretty weird is going on, like the application is damaged, or maybe there's a weird version mismatch or something.

I'd recommend doing a sanity check on the disk, then running Windows Update, followed by System File Checker, just to make sure that you have the latest Windows 10, and that all of the files that come bundled with the operating system (including ours).

Check your hard disk for errors - Windows 7:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2641432

Using SFC:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/instantanswers/bd832f07-1420-0c14-d2a5-0a5a24ba40be/using-system...

If that doesn't help, I'll probably need to collect a crash report to see if it contains anything useful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried using my wife's computer and it gives me the same error messages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Is this machine also a Win 10 machine? Could you provide the Win 10 OS version for the machine. For finding the same you can go to Settings > System > About.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2017 Aug 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version 1703.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 14, 2017 Aug 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[mod] Putting this conversation back in the original thread. 

I have noticed getting the "right click to run flash player" message on other web sites. But the message doesn't affect the way the site works. So, I am thinking that this message is not my problem on Pureplay.  .Also, some times when I get the message on Pureplay it doesn't affect anything.

Your original post says that you're experiencing a crash, but your second post just talks about the click-to-play UI.

A clear, step-by-step description of what you do, what happens, and what the desired outcome you're looking for would be really helpful.  I can't figure out if you're just not able to get something play, or if you're experiencing an actual crash where the operating system stops a bad access and the program abnormally terminates.

You must be answering another post as I have never have a system crash.  As I said in my last post, I don't think the "right click to run flash player" is not a problem after all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, so we need to get back to precision questions and answers, or we're going to continue going in circles.

1.) Does the control panel also crash on your wife's computer?  I've had two different people attempt to reproduce this on clean installs of Win10 build 1703, and it works as expected.

2.) Did you try the steps I included above about enabling Flash Player in Edge on both of your computers?  If so, and the problem persists, please give me links that demonstrate the problem.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For our computers we had windows 10 1603 in which flash player worked in both Internet explorer and Edge browser. After upgrading to windows 10 1703 flash player began to crash on every site that contains flash content. I am unable to access the Adobe Flash Player control panel as that does not open.

lets say I try to access espn.com I immediately receive "Adobe Flash Player Utility has stopped working" this happens in both IE and Edge.

General:

Faulting application name: FlashUtil_ActiveX.exe, version: 26.0.0.151, time stamp: 0x5976cc55

Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.15063.447, time stamp: 0xa329d3a8

Exception code: 0xc0000409

Fault offset: 0x00000000000aa020

Faulting process id: 0x4778

Faulting application start time: 0x01d3154496bc06a2

Faulting application path: C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash\FlashUtil_ActiveX.exe

Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll

Report Id: d055879b-c73c-48c8-a48e-1d7beac67e40

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Details:

FlashUtil_ActiveX.exe

5976cc55

ntdll.dll

a329d3a8

c0000409

00000000000aa020

01d3154496bc06a2

C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash\FlashUtil_ActiveX.exe

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll

d055879b-c73c-48c8-a48e-1d7beac67e40

I tried installing the latest updates from Microsoft, I tried changing ownership of Macromed folder in system32, ran a "sfc /scannow", ran repair on C drive nothing seems to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  It's not widespread, but I'm definitely seeing a little traffic on this. 

I suspect it's related to the Windows upgrade, but that version is widely distributed and reports are relatively rare, so there's probably another common denominator.  Is it possible that you're both a member of a Windows domain, where your administrator may have set some custom Group Policy objects or something?  Any security software in play that might be killing the process for some reason?

For what it's worth, we cannot reproduce it on a clean install.  I can certainly ask someone to image a machine with 1603 and upgrade to 1703, but I expect the same outcome.

A minidump would be really interesting, if you're comfortable with running debugdiag (just specify FlashUtil_ActiveX.exe as the process name): Steps to Catch a Simple “Crash Dump” of a Crashing Process – Share Poignant

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2017 Aug 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I feel like I am in the twilight zone.   I told you my system does not crash and you answered " does my wife's computer also crash".

I also told you that I don't think that I have a problem. 

Thank you you for your help, but I don't need any further help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines