Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Flash Player distribution rights - download issues

New Here ,
May 13, 2019 May 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear all,

Can you please check if the downloads (for Windows) work as intended because we have issues downloading files.

Some work, one of them does not.

Thank you,

BR,

Darko

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 13, 2019 May 13, 2019

Thank you for confirming.  I'll forward your experience to the folks responsible for that page.

<edit 5/16/19>

This issue impacts Chrome browsers, and has been escalated.  If you're using Chrome, please try a different browser, to download the files from the Flash Player Distribution page.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Which Windows version and browser (including version) are you using?  If you're using Chrome, please try Firefox or IE/Edge.   We've had reports of download issues, like you describe, on Chrome and are working to resolve the issue.

Please do confirm which browser (including version) and Windows version you are using.

Thank you in advance.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Yes the issue is with a specific "Chrome" version.

The download will not start.

Chrome:74.0.3729.131

Windows 10:1809

Thank you,

BR,

Darko

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for confirming.  I'll forward your experience to the folks responsible for that page.

<edit 5/16/19>

This issue impacts Chrome browsers, and has been escalated.  If you're using Chrome, please try a different browser, to download the files from the Flash Player Distribution page.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2019 May 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same non-working issues with the Windows, Internet Explorer-Active X, All supported languages, Download EXE Installer link:

The one that downloads install_flash_player_32_active_x.exe. Nothing happens.

All other links work fine. But clicking the IE Download EXE Installer link produces no result. The IE MSI installer downloads fine as does the EXE one for Firefox with no problem.

This is on the Adobe Flash Player Distribution page.

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which browser are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried it from the latest version of Chrome in Windows 7, and even for kicks tried it from the last XP version of Firefox from an old install of Windows XP. I did not try IE in Windows 7 however.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  As mentioned in this thread, this is a known issue with Chrome.   It should work on other Firefox and IE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oddly, as I mentioned in my first message, it did not work earlier in an older XP Firefox (version 52.9) so I tried to download the Internet Explorer-Active X EXE again in XP under Firefox "just for kicks" and it is now fixed and downloaded fine. I had earlier managed to download the MSI IE file and used that to update some Windows 7 PCs here since I was unable to download the EXE earlier. I did not try IE as we really do not use it but I keep the Flash Player in it updated in case some lunkhead does attempt to use it.

Forced Chrome to update just the Flash Player also for good measure, which it did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 28, 2019 May 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@darkos81599580  and @Zystus

Are you using a privacy extension, such as Privacy Badger etc) on Chrome?  If so, please disable the extension and try again.

If not you're not using a privacy extension, please attempt to reproduce and provide the console log file.  See Generating a HAR file for troubleshooting – Zendesk help  for information on obtaining the console log file.

Upload the file to Document Cloud (How to share a file using Adobe Document Cloud ) or some other file sharing service of your choice that doesn't require account log in to access and private message me the link to the uploaded file.

To send a private message, click on my user name link and then on the 'Message' button link.  For reference, please include a link to this discussion topic.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines