• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe flash player downloads and installs/ next day, says outdated and repeat

New Here ,
Jun 08, 2018 Jun 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MacBook Pro High Sierra 10.13.4, Safari 11.1, I don't know where to find the Adobe flash player version  but, NPAPI Plug in

Version is 30.0.0.113  and the PPAPI plug in version is 30.0.0.113 both installed; the settings are set to allowAdobe to install updates.

There is frequent pop ups saying the Adobe is outdated and in need of updating.  When I did, the next day it would do the same thing. 

I am suspicious that a virus or some kind of garbage is coming in the form of Adobe because I can't believe they are that incompetent to install their program

and then later that day or the next day it says, it is outdated. 

I don't even like this program and find it intrusive and annoying.  If I could live without it, I would be happier on the computer.

I'd like to either have it updated for sure and then not be bothered by it or have it uninstalled and forget it.  Anything else work better?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 08, 2018 Jun 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Please provide a screenshot of System Preferences > Flash Player > Updates tab

For example:

Screen Shot 2018-06-08 at 1.31.24 PM.jpg

If Chrome is the only PPAPI-based browser you use there is no need to install Flash Player separately, as Google embeds Flash Player in Chrome, although, it is disabled by default.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines