Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Flash Player ending

New Here ,
Dec 26, 2020 Dec 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everyone,

Firstly in no way should you consider me to ne computer savvy, so when I received an email notifying me that Adobe Flash player would be ending I panicked.  I had no idea what I should do, or where to go, or what to replace Adobe Flash Player with and I'm hoping that with all of the intelligent people on this site someone could help me?  Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 26, 2020 Dec 26, 2020

Nothing for you to do.  Flash Player is ending, that's all.  This has been in the works for a long time.  Most Flash content has been removed and replaced with new content that doesn't require Flash Player.   So when Flash Player is deactivated soon, chances are you'll never miss it. 

You can go ahead and uninstall Flash Player now if you like.  Even if you don't uninstall, it will be deactivated soon regardless.

https://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/end-of-life.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this from the Using the Community forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums) to the Flash Player forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing for you to do.  Flash Player is ending, that's all.  This has been in the works for a long time.  Most Flash content has been removed and replaced with new content that doesn't require Flash Player.   So when Flash Player is deactivated soon, chances are you'll never miss it. 

You can go ahead and uninstall Flash Player now if you like.  Even if you don't uninstall, it will be deactivated soon regardless.

https://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/end-of-life.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2020 Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Nancy for your help!  Not knowing much about computers and their programs I really was in a panic but your answer has assuaged that panic.

Thanks Again,

Doug

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy will I still be able to access my files on adobe flash player dc do  have to move or save them somewhere else??? very confused

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy I have windows 8.5 in case you need to know

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FREE Acrobat Reader and Acrobat Pro DC have nothing to do with the end of Flash Player. 

Flash Player was a browser plugin for viewing FLV/SWF files (games & animations mostly) in your browser.  When Flash Player ends, you will no longer have access to FLV/SWF files either locally or online.

Acrobat is for viewing PDF files and will not be effected by the end of Flash Player.  EDIT:  Except where a PDF contains embedded Flash content (videos).  In those RARE cases, the PDF will be viewable but the embedded Flash content will not work anymore.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is lots that can be done. Tell the world about ruffle.rs its a flash emulator that will let sites play flash after 2020.  Some more important info on saving and playing flash. https://community.adobe.com/t5/flash-player/psa-playing-flash-after-2020/td-p/11716613

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines