• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Flash Player / HP Solution Center Problems!

Jun 12, 2010 Jun 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

Last night everything was working fine. Until I installed the latest Flash Player 10.1.53.64 RC7. Upon reboot my HP Solution Center was corrupted triggered a pop up error and tried to get me to reinstall it. I did a restore back to earlier in the day and proved it was Adobe Flash Player. My HP Solution Center then worked great. Tried installing the latest Adobe Flash Player again and same problem. So I did another restore and everything is working great still. What conflict or what could be causing this bug in Adobe Flash Player 10.1.53.64 RC7 and HP Solution Center? Are you working on this and will there be a patch soon? Are you aware of this conflict?

I am running indows XP Pro SP3 and my printer is an HP C4580 Photosmart. This same problem also happened on my Wifes Laptop running Windows Vista Home SP2 using the same printer. Very frustrated here.

Thanks Dale

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should uninstall the RC version of Flash Player (using the uninstaller), then install the final version of FP 10.1 that whas released 3 days ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still leary after reading how many others on the net have had trouble with any

of the 10.1 Flash Players with Facebook apps and HP Printer Apps. Will they be

coming out with a patched version soon? I not only had problems with it on my XP machine but also with my wifes Vista machine too. Both were problems with HP Solution Center. Never had any problems until we both updated to 10.1.53.64.

Thanks Dale

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you give us a sample URL where the problem occurs?

Also, what web browser(s) are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 13, 2010 Jun 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

The problem does not happen at any URL. It is after loading 10.1.53.64 upon reboot, it makes my HP Solution Center fo my printer throw errors. It wants me to reinstall the HP Software then says it cannot find it when I click ok. Once I did a restore back to another point prior to this installation it stops doing it so I know it is caused by this latest update. I did not change anything else before this point. Could it be that the HP Digital Image Monitor was running in the tray when I did the installation? Do I have to uninstall 10.0.45.2 before putting the new one in for sure? I have never had to uninstall before just updated, so what gives?

The other problems I was reaing in blogs state that the people cannot run Farmville or Yoville after installing the latest version on Facebook.

Thanks Dale

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The URL I downloaded from is filehippo.com and it was Flash Player 10.1.53.64 (IE) it is the latest one that shows up on their download checker. Dale

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really don't know what that HP Solution Center is.  If FP 10.1 is incompatible (or vice versa), then perhaps other HP users have the same problem.  Can you check with HP Support or their support forums?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok here you go. I am not making things up here read all of these posts. The problem is with Adobe Flash Player not HP. So many frustrated consumers here and I am one of them. Let me know your take on it and read some of these and you wil see it is your problem with your software.

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&q=Latest+Flash+Player+causing+problems+with+HP+software&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 18, 2010 Jun 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downloaded and installed it again and same problems. 1 Hour on the

phone with HP Tech Support. The new Adobe Flash Player 10.1.5

3.64 IE corrupts their Printer Software. It makes it unstable and causes you to have to uninstall and completely reload all HP Printer Software completely. HP says it is some bug in the Flash Player Software that causes the corruption. After all of that it reboots fine now and I can use my HP printer. Why does Adobe not look into this and see what is in their program that is causing this conflict?

Dale

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 18, 2010 Jun 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user-to-user forum, and we fellow users cannot do anything to get any possible bugs fixed.

If you really want something fixed, file a bug report at https://bugs.adobe.com/flashplayer/, with as much technical detail as possible.

Perhaps you can ask HP to file that bug report, as they seem to have identified the source of the problem. (?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2010 Jun 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am dazed and confused - I have been working on this problem all day and I seem to be going in circles

Right now I don't give a crap if I ever run Adobe Flash again - I do need to get the HP Solution Center running

So what is the fix????

And all of this comes on the heals of a rather nasty conflict between IE8 and FrontPage!

Thanks for any help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 25, 2010 Jun 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

Onlly thing that worked was to completely uninstall Hp all the way and even

use windows Instal Cleanup Utility. Then completely reinstall your HP

printer. No other bug fixes found yet according to HP? In fact they denied

even hearing about it before until I called them at Tech Support.

Good Luck Dale

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 18, 2010 Aug 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with my Win XP,

SP3 computer. Since Flash pla

yer was upgraded to version 10, my HP Sol

ution Center has been buggy. Unfornun

ately a few days ago, I installed the latest upgrade for Flash player 10

and can't use the Solution Center, giving error message

1904 and 1905 cannot complete the op

ening of HP Solution Center cannot find Flash Player 9

. I need the Solution Center to use my scanner and there

fore Adobe or HP needs to make a patch for th

is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 19, 2010 Aug 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. Just remove and reinstall your hp software and printe mine works

fone after that and has ever since. Dale\

-DALE MESSENGER

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 21, 2010 Aug 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstalled HP Solution Center, rebooted and reinstalled it, and so far it

works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2010 Sep 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright I think I found a solution to this madness and I would like to share. I just got a HP Pavilion dv4 for my wife and had those adobe flash player problems like all of you and it drove me nuts! I spent 2-3 hours on tech support and got it to work for maybe 30 minutes before it failed again. So here is what I did and its been working consistently  for the last 24 hours. Go to msconfig.exe utility and kill the startup process  "hpwuSchd Application" from the Startup list. Don't worry you really don't need it. Its an automatic update program for HP uses. It is not a required process for run or startup for Windows. Flash Player works without a hitch, as for HP Solution Center I really don't use it. Hope this helps your flash player problem.

-audioman2k4

System info:

HP Pavilion DV4-2045dx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 23, 2010 Sep 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good suggestion. In fact my hp

wuschd app has been off the st

art up since I reinstalled all th

e hp solution center software. So far so good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 23, 2010 Sep 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Guys

Well this little problem crept up again. A full reinstallation of XP SP3 and everything else that comes with it. All started with Glitchy stuff again and the Solution Center not working correctly. This time I decided to do it all myself and it did not go quite as planned. Evidently when removing the HP software it also took something else out with it that was necessary. So upon reinstallation this time I made sure I did the manual installation proceedure that is offered as Advanced I think it is. Only select exactly what you really want installed. One thing for sure not to put a check mark in is the HP Update box. It is part of what is causing all of this confliction with Adobe Flash Player. Now my wife had one pop up on her updates this morning and she clicked it so guess what i get to do with her computer? I am this time uninstalling using the Installation CD. It has a remove feature that takes all of its own junk out by itself. Whew what a mess I think next time it is going to be a Mac I will be sitting in front of! Dale

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 25, 2010 Sep 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now for more fun! Adobe has released an update for Flash Player 10, which will mess up all my HP software, again (after all the hard work of uninstalling and reinstalling it, after the last update). I contacted HP business support by phone recently, asking if they will ever be a patch for this problem, and was told NO. They suggested not to ever install Adobe Flash Player updates, which is what I will do for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 24, 2010 Nov 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. After Update of Flash Player 10.1.85.3 to 10.1.102.64 HP Solution Center does not open. This finding is clear and proved. Is Adobe "fighting" against HP?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have decided to skip this update, it is

tiresome to have to uninstall and reinstall my HP Solution

Center with each update

of Flash Player. Neither HP nor Adobe seem to care about this problem, and neither is prepared to make a patch for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solved

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 25, 2010 Nov 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does that mean? Do we get the solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 25, 2010 Nov 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The solution is NOT to update Flash Player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 13, 2011 Feb 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today there was a flashpl

ayer update, which of course messed up my hp solutio

n center. As before, I had to un-install then reinstal

l the solution center, which is very time consumming. I wish hp or adobe could get their act together and make a patch for this ongoing problem. In the meantime I will go back to my origional statement to never update the flashplayer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines