Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Flash Player Installer: Warning

New Here ,
Jul 11, 2018 Jul 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So when i try and install Flash player 30 i get this message:

I am on Windows 10, no version of flash player on my computer at the moment and when i click retry it stays on connecting forever at 0%. I am installing it from the latest version of Firefox.

Once i get the installer from the browser, i open it and it asks me if i want it to automatically update and i say yes and then click next and that is there.

I used to have flash player and flash projector number 25 but uninstalled them recently.

gggggggggggggggggggg.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

To troubleshoot, please provide the following information:

• File name of the installer file you are using
  • log files (2) saved at C:\Users\<YourUserID>\AppData\Local\Temp\Adobe_ADMLogs
    • Upload the files to cloud.acrobat.com/send using the instructions at How to share a file using Adobe Document Cloud , or some other file sharing service of your choice that doesn't require user account to access
    • Post the link to the uploaded files in your reply

Microsoft embeds Flash Player in Edge and IE on Windows 10, and Google embeds Flash Player in Chrome.  In the interim, those are two options to use Flash Player.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2018 Aug 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 23, 2018 Aug 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please provide details on your issue so I know what I'm looking for in the log files.

OS, browser, Flash Player you're attempting to install, error, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2018 Aug 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried installing Adobe Flash Player on my windows 7 through firefox AND IE but whenever I run it, the progress bar will stop at around 54% and a 'warning' description would appear. I would then stop it and the whole program will just close. I definitely have enough free space on my drive and this is really strange for me as it only happened this year or so. I think I had to reinstall the flash player so i tried but then this error has been constant, nothing has changed. I didn't experience this issue or problem before at all for so many years using it. Nothing has changed within my computer, OS, version, everything is the same as it is and I don't have problems with other software or programs etc (so far except this first).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 27, 2018 Aug 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for providing the additional information.

To troubleshoot further, we'll need to obtain the installation log files.  Please provide the following files:

FlashInstall log files:

• 32 Bit Windows:
    • C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashInstall32.log
  • 64 Bit Windows:
    • C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashInstall64.log
    • C:\Windows\syswow64\Macromed\Flash\FlashInstall32.log

Note: Both log files are required from a 64-bit OS

updated Adobe_ADM log files:

C:\Users\<YourUserID>\AppData\Local\Temp\Adobe_ADMLogs

• Adobe_ADM.log and Adobe_GDE.log

Upload all files to cloud.acrobat.com/send using the instructions at How to share a file using Adobe Document Cloud , or some other file sharing service of your choice that doesn't require user-account login to access.

Post the link to the uploaded files in you reply.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2018 Aug 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shared Files - Acrobat.com

done thank you !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 28, 2018 Aug 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for posting the log file

Installation is failing because one of the Flash Player Settings Manager files (C:\Windows\system32\FlashPlayerCPLApp.cpl) is failing to delete for some reason.  This could be due to permissions issue or something else.

A few things to try:

• Try running the standalone uninstaller Uninstall Flash Player for Windows
    • If this fails, look at the FlashInstall32.log file.  If you see the following entry, then it failed due to the same reason:
      00001040 C:\Windows\system32\FlashPlayerCPLApp.cpl
  • If the standalone uninstaller fails
    • Navigate to C:\Windows\system32\
    • Right-click on FlashPlayerCPLApp.cpl
    • Go to Security tab
    • Post a screenshots of permissions for SYSTEM, Administrators, an Users group

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2018 Sep 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi apologies for the late reply. Yep i went to give it permission and finally deleted the file and this time the installation progress bar brought me further to about 65% and now it gave me this "insufficient user privileges to install app''?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 14, 2018 Sep 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please provide updated log files.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2018 Oct 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

also, do you think a virus or some sort might be causing this issue? like blocking the installation process?

im having trouble with my GPU too whereas I cannot update the graphic driver and 2 of my windows update on my windows 7 are failing to install with one of them related to my GPU.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installation is still failing due to a permission issue on the Flash Player Settings Manager file.  See Troubleshoot Flash Player install issues related to Windows registry permissions for assistance.  The script in this tech note fixes permissions on Flash Player related files.  Usually, this fixes the problem.  Note that the script modifies permissions in the file system and registry.  It's highly recommended that you have a back-up of your system (including registry) that you can restore in the event something adverse happens.

If installation still fails after running the script, upload new log files (FlashInstall32.log, Adobe_ADM.log and Adobe_GDE.log).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2018 Oct 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, wow that sounds really intense.. If i do it all correctly will any of my data change or be affected? What is the purpose of changing the registry key?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2018 Oct 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

also, do you think a virus or some sort might be causing this issue? like blocking the installation process?

im having trouble with my GPU too whereas I cannot update the graphic driver and 2 of my windows update on my windows 7 are failing to install with one of them related to my GPU.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 08, 2018 Oct 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Permission changes occur for various reasons.  It can be a virus, malware, or some other software installation that changes permissions.

If you're having trouble updating drivers and installing Windows Updates, it could be a bigger issue with your system.  Microsoft has a tech note on this topic.  See https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17590/automatically-diagnose-and-repair-windows-file-and-fo... for assistance.

<edit>

If you're uncomfortable performing these diagnostic steps, make sure you have a backup of your data and contact a trusted technical support service for assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2019 Feb 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi,

apologies for the delay and thank you very much for your kind assistance.

My issue has been solved after reformatting my computer. I was able to update my drivers and windows update was running smoothly, no issue. In addition, i could install and run adobe flash player again !

glad everything worked after such a long process.

thank you very much again for all the help

this issue has been resolved*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 26, 2019 Feb 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the update and I'm glad you were able to resolve the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2018 Sep 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no tengo nombre del archivo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines