Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe flash player is blocked in Firefox

Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wednesday, November 06, 2019 (2:15PM)

Good day, I’ve been trying to get a fix for this ALL DAY now and everything I’ve read seems that there is NO FIX because Firefox (the browser I use the most) now BLOCKS Adobe Flash.

I am running Windows 7 Ultimate on a 64bit Operating System and when Firefox updated to Browser 71.0b7 (32bit) the site that I’ve been using for years now I cannot get in because when I open the site it says “Run Adobe Flash” so, I click it and ANOTHER pages pops up asking me to “Run Adobe Flash” and I do click on it and nothing happens, this is why I‘ve been doing a lot of research on Google (ALL DAY NOW) as to why this is happening and basically it is saying that “Firefox” now Mozilla adds NPAPI plug-in sandbox to Firefox which disables the Flash Player I need.

I found ways to lessen the NPAPI plug-in (that doesn’t work) NOTHING DOES.

I can open the same site that I’m trying to open in Firefox 71.0b7 (32bit) in Internet Explorer 11 but, I don’t like IE because it’s not too safe.

I was going to download the 64bit version of Firefox (it has a lot of bugs) but then I find out that Adobe Flash won’t work in the 64bit version of Firefox.

When FF Updated their browser they gave me the Firefox 71.0b7 (32bit) version and everything was working great until I wanted to go to the site I’ve used for years and it will not work with the Flash Player.

I was going to create a program for people to use the site I’ve been using for years but now I can’t because I can’t even get into it anymore.

Give me as SIMPLE as an answer as you can give me: Is there a Flash Player that will work in Firefox 71.0b7 (32bit)?

This is what’s on my computer right now:

YOUR SYSTEM INFORMATION

Your Flash Version

Your browser name

Firefox (NPAPI)

Your Operating System (OS)

Windows (Windows 7)

Please help (if you can!)

Thanks

Bill

TOPICS
Browser

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before devoting time to "making a program" (I'm not quite sure what you mean), are you aware that the reason for all this Flash irritation is that Flash Player is going away in 2020? You will not be able to use FireFox, or IE, or Edge, or Safari, or Chrome to view Flash content, and won't be able to download Flash Player. If you are working on a site using Flash, you might consider working urgently on an alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2019 Dec 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tell that to NOAA. All of their radar data is transmitted using Flash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 15, 2019 Dec 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't know who NOAA are, but nothing will make it work after the end of 2020 unless they stop using Flash. Doesn't matter who they are.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All major browser versions block/disable Flash by default, forcing the user to allow it for each site. Firefox removed the 'always activate' option in Firefox 69.  Some recent browser versions also forget/delete the list of allowed sites when the user exits out of the browser.

What is the exact URL the site that is not working?

For instructions to allow/enable Flash in Firefox, see https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/why-do-i-have-click-activate-plugins.

For information on Mozilla's decision to do block/disable Flash by default see https://www.fxsitecompat.dev/en-CA/docs/2019/flash-player-can-no-longer-always-be-activated/

Firefox is a supported browser, both 32-bit and 64-bit.  If you're on a 64-bit OS, the 64-bit version of Firefox is recommended.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thursday, November 07, 2019 (12:45 PM)

Hi and thx for your response. Instead of me responding in writing I shot a quick video to show you exactly what’s happening on my end.

https://www.screencast.com/t/QxLxMhpl

Have a GREAT DAY!

Bill

P.S.

When I get a message from you (or anyone) from Adobe in my email I don't really know how to respond. I tried just replying to the email but that doesn't work. What is the best way to get back to the person who responded back to me?

I found this by accident!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for posting the video.

The behaviour your experienceing is content related.  When developers include Flash content they also include Flash detection scripts that are used by both the content & the browser to determine if the user has the required plugin installed.  If so, in the old days (before browser vendors disabled/blocked Flash by default), if the plugin was installed Flash content would just play, if the plugin was not installed, the user would be notified to install Flash.  These days with most browser vendors blocking Flash, these detection scripts are used similarly, as well as by the browser to prompt the user to allow/unblock Flash.  Flash itself only loads when the browser allows it to load.  In this case, there's some issue with this process between the content and the browser that results in the continous prompt to allow Flash.  I recommend contacting the content developer.

Firefox 71.0b7 is a beta version, not the release stable version.  The current stable version is 70.0.1.

Since you're a Firefox user, you may be interested in Firefox's Flash Player road-map: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Plugins/Roadmap

Regarding "When I get a message from you (or anyone) from Adobe in my email I don't really know how to respond. I tried just replying to the email but that doesn't work. What is the best way to get back to the person who responded back to me?"

You'll notice the email comes from a noreply address, so replying to the email will won't post a comment to the thread.  The email contains a link to the discussion topic.  Best thing to do is to click on the link and reply here in the forums community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Friday, November 08, 2019 (7:10 PM)

Hi M-1 and thanks for your response. I’ll have to get back to you on all the other stuff but, what you mentioned in your letter,” Firefox 71.0b7 is a beta version, not the release stable version.  The current stable version is 70.0.1.’

I did update to version is 70.0.1. and just like so many other times I lost everything SO, I had to go back to System Restore Files which I saved (Gladly) to the version I just got out of.

They say that FF has ALL this stuff stored away and I went and found the place they were talking about and there was hardly anything there so, I’ll just keep on using Firefox 71.0b7 is a beta UNTIL, I can figure out a way to save everything and have it restore in ONE CLICK (when and if I dare to update again).

I’m going to have to upgrade to Windows 10 Soon (I’m not looking forward to that AT ALL) because I’ve seen what it is and I don’t like it at all, I’m seriously thinking of getting off windows altogether and setting everything up on Linux.

I had things saved on a different hard drive but that’s a hassle as well. These places like FF really doesn’t make it easy to do seemingly simple procedures.

Anyways, M-1 thanks again and have a GREAT EVENING!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines