Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Flash player keeps popping up/malware

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2019 Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi all,

i have a macbook air early 2015 and im running mac os mojave (10.14.3). every 15/30 minutes adobe flash player install manager keeps popping up, asking to download the newest version. But i doubt if its the real adobe flash player. It looks very legit but its called adobe flash player install manager, instead of adobe flash player installer. When i searched for this on internet it said that it could be a malicious version of adobe. When i try to delete this from my laptop it keeps asking for my password to delete it. Do you think that i can trust this and delete it? Or isn't it malicious?

TOPICS
Error , How to , Product issue , Update

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 02, 2019 Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Official Flash Player update notification doesn't display that often, or in that manner. It's plausible it's a malicious notification.  Please post a screenshot of the pop-up window you are getting.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Schermafbeelding 2019-12-03 om 10.08.23.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That looks like the official Flash Player Update Notification, but it shouldn't display that often.

Please copy & paste the contents of the “/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Flash Player Install Manager/FPSAUConfig.xml” file.  Also, provide the permissions for this file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont really know how to get to that file, can you explain that to me? sorry 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Select the Go -> Go to Folder... menu item from the Finder menu
  2.  Copy and paste /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Flash Player Install Manager/ into the Go to Folder dialog
  3. Locate the FPSAUConfig.xml file
  4. Open the file using Text Editor
  5. Copy and paste the contents of the file in your reply

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2019 Dec 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible that i dont have that file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 17, 2019 Dec 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It should be there.  If it's not the installation may be corrupt.  I would recomment uninstalling Flash Player (download uninstaller at https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-mac-os.html) and then re-install it.

If you have both NPAPI plugin (Firefox/Safari) and PPAPI plugin (Chromium-based brwosers, except for Chrome which has Flash embedded), you'll need to re-install Flash Player for those browsers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines