Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Flash Player - Missing video controls

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

I have a new laptop which is running Windows 10 Home edition with a Microsoft Edge browser.

I am trying to play a Flash video from a thumb drive (which worked fine on my old laptop (which was a similar spec (same O/S & Browser)).

All of the player controls are missing. When I launch flash player, the video plays but there are no options at the bottom of the screen to pause, rewind, fast forward, adjust volume etc. In the Taskbar at the top, most of the options are greyed-out.

I would really appreciate any help (and please don't go too technical on me).

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this discussion to the Using Flash Player forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Player is not a video player.  It's a language runtime, like Java.  You can *write* a video player that would run inside Flash Player, but you can't just throw a video into it.

If you just want to play a video in one of the older Flash formats, just downloading VLC is probably the easiest solution (and probably what you were doing on the old machine).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2019 Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We have run into a similar problem. Those are videos that were created years ago (no we werent using VLC) that always worked with IE and Edge. The video still play but the control buttons to play/pause/rewing/fast forward no longer appear. Is that caused by an update in Flash and we have to recreate our flash object because a feature was disabled?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines