• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Flash Player Not Working in Windows with Edge

New Here ,
Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I understand there has been an update to Adobe Flash Player.  Adobe Flash Player is no longer showing videos on my PC.  Here are my specs:

Windows 10 Pro, Version 1709, OS Build 16299.371

Edge 41.16299.371.0

Edge HTML 16.16299

I seem to recall getting notifications of an update and my Norton software blocking this.  However, I did check the update to Windows 10  I got around April 12 and it mentions that I got the security update to Adobe Flash Player so I am not sure what happened.

When I go to play any video, I get this message.   Any suggestions of what I should do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Robert__W0828 ,

Microsoft embeds Flash Player in IE and Edge and all updates are released by Microsoft on Patch Tuesday, most recently being April 10.

Please provide a direct link to video the exhibits the behaviour so that we may attempt to reproduce the behaviour.

When you click in the Learn More link, what happens?  Does a pop-up window display, or does it redirect to another page?  If a pop-up window, please post a screenshot.  If redirects to another page, please provide the exact URL of the page.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maria,

Thank you for your response.  Let me share the items you have requested.

1.  Direct Link to a video that exhibit the behavior.

That could be any video.  No videos are playing (well videos in GIFs still play and I did have one "short video" from I think an Instagram post play).  In any case, here is an example from YouTube, this would be a music video:

Halsey - Alone ft. Big Sean, Stefflon Don - YouTube

2.  When you click on Lean more what happens.

I get a Help pop-up.  Let me screen shot it in two windows as it scrolls. 

Here is the first screen capture:

Capture 1 042418.PNG

Here is the continuation of that capture:

Capture 2 042418.PNG

I did restart the browser and computer.  I check to be sure my browser was latest version.  I did not restart my router or shift to Chrome.  I am optimistic within Edge this is fine.  On my other PC with Edge and the Windows update, videos show fine.

Let me know if I need to share more.

Thanks,

Robert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Robert__W0828

YouTube doesn't use Flash video anymore.  They haven't for several years.  I was able to view the video you're attempting to view, and right-clicking on the video displays the HTML5 video context-menu, not the Flash Player context-menu:

Untitled.png

I would attempt all of the troubleshooting steps in the YouTube help pop-up.  If none work, I recommend reaching out to YouTube for assistance.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I have the problem with any video.

let me pull another.

Back on the YouTube example.  Do I right click or left click....

I clicked all over the display trying to mimic your note:  right-clicking on the video displays the HTML5 video context-menu, not the Flash Player context-menu:

..... and I can't get the HTML video context-menu.

Also, I have never had to click on You Tube videos like that before .. they have just played.  And it plays on my other machine.  No if not a Flash issue, then let me get another example.

More later.

Robert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Back on the YouTube example.  Do I right click or left click....

right-click - I've found that not all areas show the context-menu, you may need to click around.

I would definitely start with restarting the system, especially if you haven't done so in a while.

If you're able to reproduce with Flash video, please post a direct link to the Flash video.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I right click I get options, just nothing regarding HTML5.

Does Adobe offer to do remote sessions.  We may go back and forth in this chat a long time. My sense is, if your team could just navigate my computer, you will see what is either not accepted, turned on, or if when I tried an video app a few weeks ago it did something.

Again, my other PC (another similar Dell) is working just find... Edge, Windows, etc.

Robert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We don't provide direct support for free products, sorry.  The engineers that monitor this user-to-user forum do so as a courtesy to the community, mostly in our free time.  If you need hands-on support, you could take it to your local computer shop for an expert evaluation. 

That said, YouTube hasn't used Flash Player for years.  It's something else.

If you haven't rebooted your computer since this started, that's a great place to start.  If the problem persists, I'd try it with your browser's Incognito/Private browsing mode.  If that solves the issue, clearing your browser's cache and cookies should resolve it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

I have rebooted a number of times.

I am working, so not taking the time to clip another video.. It is NOT just youtube, it is anything.

Out of time right now.

I am hopeful you can help; but, assumed when I started I would need to go to a computer repair shop.  My guess is this is a 5 minute fix.  Something was "tripped" (in layman terms) when I tried to install a video cropping application.  That is my guess. of the issue. I tried to deleted it.. and videos have not played since then.

Robert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not taking the time now.. I will take more time later to send a another example.

Robert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Definitely try InPrivate/Incognito mode, and/or a different browser.  It takes 30 seconds and rules out the most likely possibilities.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines