Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Flash Player Notification

Community Beginner ,
Dec 31, 2020 Dec 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have been getting many notifications from Adobe Flash Player about removing it from my system for the past few weeks. I kept on clicking "remind me later", as I was busy with other things at the time, but I kept a mental note of the deadline of 31st of December. The thing is, yesterday I finally managed to take a look and do some research on it, and it is seems pretty genuine to me (I'm very suspicious of these types of notifications these days), but the problem is that the notifications are not coming up anymore for some reason. I tried logging out of my computer and coming back on again a number of times, but no notification appeared, even though, up to a week ago, it seemed to be appearing at least every second or third time I turned on the computer. From what I understand, the easiest way to uninstall it is via that reminder that I've been referring to, and I'm not keen on doing it through the lengthy way that I read in various sites. So, I was wondering whether that reminder will appear again between now and midnight, or even into the new year? If not, how can I access the computer's notifications? Also, if I don't uninstall Flash Player by midnight tonight, would it be possible to do so later on, and would my server be at risk of malware?

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 31, 2020 Dec 31, 2020

You're making much, much more of this than it really is. There's nothing complicated about uninstalling programs. 

Go to Windows Control Panel.

Scroll down to Programs > Uninstall a program. 

You'll be presented with a list.  Simply follow the onscreen prompts to remove the unwanted software.  See link below for details.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2601726

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't over think this. Flash Player is ending regardless.  You don't need to uninstall it until you're ready to get rid of it.

• Consult your operating system's documentation on removing programs.
  • Consult your browser's documentation on removing add-ons.

https://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/end-of-life.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply Nancy. That's good to hear, as I was getting a bit nervous with this midnight deadline, thinking my computer wouldn't work properly if I don't solve the problem by then. Do you know if Adobe's 'EOL uninstall prompts' will be sent to me until the 12th of January, as it seems like that is the simplest way of uninstalling flash player? The manual way seems a bit tricky, and I'm afraid of making a mistake. If you know a way of somehow finding those prompts on Windows 7, that would be great!

Many thanks,

Jilda 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're making much, much more of this than it really is. There's nothing complicated about uninstalling programs. 

Go to Windows Control Panel.

Scroll down to Programs > Uninstall a program. 

You'll be presented with a list.  Simply follow the onscreen prompts to remove the unwanted software.  See link below for details.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2601726

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 01, 2021 Jan 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy,

Thank you very much for posting that link. It was really straightforward and clear, and I managed to uninstall the two flash player programs on my computer. There were some alternative instructions saying that I had to download an "uninstaller" and go through various steps, so I'm thankful for having these instructions instead. Hope you have a great new year!

Jilda 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 01, 2021 Jan 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Happy 2021!  Glad you got it all sorted 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines