• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Flash Player offline files being available PLEASE!!!!!

New Here ,
Jan 03, 2018 Jan 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As if we all don't have enough on our plates to go through these hoops.  Please.. Please... and triple Please make things easier by making your archives available for past AND CURRENT versions.  We are in need to get the latest offline version that is in MSI format in order to deploy in our SCCM environment.  Last month, sorry (in November when it was the current release) I was able to get and download version 27 for IE, Chrome, and Firefox in a zip file which had those MSI's that I needed.  This 28 release, can't find it anywhere.  What happened??  Can someone please let me know what we need to do to get these??  What is nutty, is that the Archived versions are still there and open for anyone to grab them.. Why not put the current one's there too.  Just a thought.  Please help!!

Also... just to add this if anyone is wondering - Yes I have applied for a license.

And YES I am POSTING this a 2nd or additional times from other posts because NO one has provided an answer or a solution to the question.

Maybe if we keep asking, someone will provide a solution or just simply make all offline versions available (especially the current ones).

Thank you!!

Robert

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Flash Player MSI installers (for current release) are available for customers with a distribution license (free for most use cases).  Please go to Adobe Flash Player Distribution | Adobe  to request a distribution license (note, public domain email addresses, such as gmail, hotmail, yahoo, etc are not allowed).  Most distribution license requests are processed virtually immediately, however, it can take up to three (3) business days to receive a reply.  The email reply will come from noreply@adobe.comand contain a signed PDF attachment.  Please ensure your spam filters are configured to not block the email

If you do not receive a reply within three (3) business days, please private message me the Adobe ID/email address used to request the distribution license and I'll follow-up with the licensing team.  To send a private message, click on my user_name link and then on the 'Message' button link.  For reference, please include a link to this discussion topic.

Flash player builds for previous versions can be found at Archived Adobe Flash Player versions .

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2018 Jan 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be a big help if the licensing link worked.  The license link on Adobe Flash Player Distribution | Adobe is dead: https://distribute.adobe.com.  Or, as Chrome puts it: This site can’t be reached

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No matter what: you must acquire a license from the folks at Adobe in order to get to the download link for distributing those needed MSI's.  FOR THE RECORD, if anyone reviews this forum and this thread, STOP and listen!!!  You Need to (keep hounding these guys here) to get the License from Adobe systems in order to get the needed (TRUSTED) downloadable MSI's that are registered and supported from Adobe Systems PERIOD!!!  (No other way around it) - If you want my advise, (**PLEASE NOTE**) I would NOT trust any other downloads or installs from other sites or downloadable forums due to vulnerabilities and HIGH security risks!!  Tell your end users, Administration teams, and development staff to be patient while you are waiting to get the license and link from the Adobe Systems staff.  It's just that simple.  Honestly, it took a couple of hours (if not less than a day) and they sent me the authorization to the link here (which won't work until you get the license): www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/distribution5.html.  Get the license, login and simply download the MSI's that you need: All of the needed MSI's are there: (IE: install_flash_player_28_active_x.msi; Firefox: install_flash_player_28_plugin.msi, and Chrome: install_flash_player_28_ppapi.msi). 

If you want to understand "WHY" Adobe did things this way instead of posting them on their distribution page like a few months ago, well give your condolences to the number of "BOZOS" whom abused the distribution links and piggy backing the downloadable shares to their own areas instead of using it the way that it was supposed to be used.  Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not have a problem applying for a license - I've done so many times and I would be happy to do so again as mine expired last month.  However, I cannot do so because the link to the application is BROKEN.

I do have a problem with two things:

Blowhards like you who contribute nothing to the discussion but seem to think - incorrectly - that they are the source of all knowledge.

Links that DO NOT WORK.  The link to apply for a license - the one on the Adobe Flash Player Distribution | Adobe page which explains about licensing - is BROKEN:

returns this:

======================================================================

Can’t reach this page

• Check that all network cables are plugged in.
  • Verify that airplane mode is turned off.
  • Make sure your wireless switch is turned on.
  • See if you can connect to mobile broadband.
  • Restart your router.
More information                         More information                                                     

The connection to the website was reset.

Error Code: INET_E_DOWNLOAD_FAILURE

=========================================================================

If you can contribute something CONSTRUCTIVE, please do so. Other wise, crawl back under your bridge and stop annoying people who have real work to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I have applied for a license.

When did you apply for the license?  Please private message me the Adobe ID/email address you used to apply for the distribution license and I'll follow-up with the licensing team.

As my colleague mentions, oftentimes spam filters and perimeter email scanners block the email due to it having an encrypted PDF attachment.  Please ensure your spam filters and/or perimeter email scanner (if in use) are configured to not block the email.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!! You actually read the entire message instead of assuming that I didn't apply for a License.  I applied for the license when I created my account a few months ago.  Just for grins, I did it a second time here.  The million dollar question that EVERYONE needs to know is "why" don't they simply have those MSI's available for us engineers to work with??  We need the OFFLINE installers that we can deploy to our users.  That is very simple and should not require a free license when the online installers do the same thing for individuals correct??  Please provide me a link or send me the Zip file for the current build.

Thank you,

Robert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The million dollar question that EVERYONE needs to know is "why" don't they simply have those MSI's available for us engineers to work with??

They were posted publicly, but were being egregiously abused. Due to this, they now require login, which validates if the user has a current valid license, to access the files.

If you have a current/valid license you should be able to access the files at www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/distribution5.html.  If you're not able to download the files, or are redirected to another page, your license is not current/valid (license is valid for one year).  The approval distribution license agreement PDF, which you should have received upon approval, contains the terms of the license agreement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would be happy to renew my license but the button to do so on this page - Adobe Flash Player Distribution | Adobe - does not work.

The button points to https://distribute.adobe.com/mmform/index.cfm?name=distribution_form&pv=fp  which does not seem to exist.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm going to make an assumption here and assume OP was referring to comment # 5 and not you, even though it's replied to you.  Just an assumption.

We are looking into the issue with the distribution license request system.  All updates will be posted at Apply for Distribute License not Working.  Please subscribe to that discussion topic for updates.  To subscribe/follow a discussion topic, click 'follow' in the upper right and then select an option:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2018 Jan 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines