• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Flash Player - Safari - iPad

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2015 Oct 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Until the recent Mac iOS upgrade, I was running an Adobe Flash Player video in my iPad's Safari Browser. Since the upgrade, the video does not display and no error messages are displayed. Can anyone tell me why this has happened, and what, if anything, I can do about it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 23, 2015 Oct 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi chscotland,

Not sure how you were running Flash Player on iOS as Flash Player has never been supported on iOS.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2015 Oct 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response Maria. Yes, I have always been aware that Flash has never been supported by IOS. What we were running was an eLearning module created using Articulate Storyline and saved in SCORM format. It was then upladed to a SharePoint website using SCORM Player 365 to run it. SCORM uses Flash to display the module. It ran fine on Safari (and Chrome) on both an iPad and iPhone. After upgrading the IOS, it stopped working. Both the Safari and Chrome were basic installs with no plugins.I think  the question is here is not "why is it now not working?" But rather "How did it run in the first place?!!?" Thanks again Maria.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 29, 2015 Oct 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI CHScotland,

"How did it run in the first place" is a good question, since Flash Player has never been supported on iOS (the OS used by both iPad and iPhone).  I would start by contacting the content developer and the makers of SCORM Player 365.  It seems they may have done something for this to work on iOS.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2015 Nov 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Have you looked at the Puffin web browser.  They say they can run flash on iOS devices.

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2015 Dec 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Peter,

Thank you for this. Yes, we recommend installing the Puffin browser to all our iPad users.

Regards

John

CHS ICT Support

Children's Hearings Scotland

Area 2/1/1 Ladywell House, Ladywell Road, Edinburgh EH12 7TB

t: 0131 244 3696 | e: CHSICT@childrenshearings.org.uk<mailto:CHSICT@childrenshearings.org.uk>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 03, 2015 Dec 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, it sounds like iOS broke the tool that you were using to play Flash content on iOS.  AFAIK, we have no engineering relationship with that third-party vendor, so I have no idea how they were getting it to work, nor do we support the use-case.

Apple changes APIs and underlying OS architecture pretty aggressively, so the technique they were using is probably no longer viable.  You'll either need to wait for the vendor to update, or find a different mechanism for delivering your eLearning content.  I'm pretty sure that there are numerous options for true cross-platform courseware delivery available commercially, including products from Adobe.

Puffin browser is really the only viable option I'm aware of.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Safari to access my employers network.  Since the the update tp iPad IOS when I log onto the network i get an error stating that my version of Safari is out of date.  When I fly Delta Airlines, I like to watch movies on my iPad.  After the last iPad IOS was installed I can no longer watch movies on my iPad.  The delta app tell me that have to enable Adobe Flash in the preference settings of Safari.  It thinks I am running from a Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread is 4 years old, so you really have to create a new discussion. The only way for now to launch Flash API apps on IOS is to use Puffin browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Player  has never been supported on iOS devices (iPhone, iPad).  The only way I'm aware of viewing Flash content on these devices is to use a browser, such as Puffin, that renders Flash in the cloud.

Since the the update tp iPad IOS when I log onto the network i get an error stating that my version of Safari is out of date.

Not sure what this has to do with Adobe Flash Player 

When I fly Delta Airlines, I like to watch movies on my iPad.  After the last iPad IOS was installed I can no longer watch movies on my iPad.  The delta app tell me that have to enable Adobe Flash in the preference settings of Safari.  It thinks I am running from a Mac.

If this is the iPad mentioned previously, not sure how you were able to view Flash content.  If this is a different machine (e.g. Mac Book running macOS, not iOS), then see https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html for links to enable Flash in the browser you are using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

iPadOS will load the "desktop" version of a website by default. If the server thinks you're on a "desktop" computer rather than a mobile device, it will want you to use Flash. Older versions of iOS running on iPads loaded the "mobile" versions of websites by default and so used non-flash video players.

All you should need to do to get your Delta videos to play is to force iPadOS's Safari to load the "mobile" version of the website instead of the "desktop" version. The easy way to do this so you won't have this problem with any site in the future is to change the default loading preference:

1- Go to the Settings app.

2- Scroll down to Safari, tap on it to see its preferences.

3- Look for REQUEST DESKTOP WEBSITE and tap on that.

4- Tap on the radio button so that ALL WEBSITES preference is disabled.

If you don't want to change the default, you can make the decision on a per-site basis, either just for the current session or whenever you load that site, by tapping on the icon to the far left of the address bar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines