Highlighted

Adobe Flash Player Settings Problem

New Here ,
Jan 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I'm having problems selecting things inside of "Adobe Flash Player Settings."

When ever i right click on a flash instance, say a youtube video and select settings, I get no response from box that appears no matter where I click. Even when I click close I get no response.

I have a Mac Book Pro running os 10.4.11
I have the newest version of Flash Player 10
I have Java 5
I have tried this in both Firefox and Safari

When I created a new account on my computer and opened youtube i was able to change settings inside of panel.

Any help would be wonderful I have googled and searched these forums a million times looking for help and have found nothing helpful

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe Flash Player Settings Problem

New Here ,
Jan 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I'm having problems selecting things inside of "Adobe Flash Player Settings."

When ever i right click on a flash instance, say a youtube video and select settings, I get no response from box that appears no matter where I click. Even when I click close I get no response.

I have a Mac Book Pro running os 10.4.11
I have the newest version of Flash Player 10
I have Java 5
I have tried this in both Firefox and Safari

When I created a new account on my computer and opened youtube i was able to change settings inside of panel.

Any help would be wonderful I have googled and searched these forums a million times looking for help and have found nothing helpful

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 06, 2009 0
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still having this problem, has anyone else seen anything like this? Also creating a new account no longer works as a short term fix.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 10, 2009 0
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm having this problem too...
and video doesn't play... though i can hear the audio.
however... the problem is inconsistent... i can access
the panel when i click on it... but only on some sites.

i did change some of the settings from the adobe site... but tried to switch them back.
still no luck.

i'm working on an imac with firefox.

would love to hear a response.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 13, 2009 0
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im having the exact same problem...
Im using a Windows Vista Laptop, I have the latest version of Adobe Flash Player, and uninstalled it and reinstalled it... no luck... Im all out of ideas!!
Cant even close the settings box let alone select anything inside it!!
I also need to know of a solution too.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 13, 2009 0
LEGEND ,
Feb 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may want to review this http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html

I came upon this while searching for another issue.

eidnolb

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 06, 2010 0
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, i'm not an expert on flash or flash player... but right now, i think i fixed the problem.
when you are on your video... and you right click... you can access the settings... or the about adobe flash player link...
i clicked on that...
and opened the "settings manager" panel... on the right hand side from the adobe site.
then on the left... you'll see the "settings manager" with a variety of options below it. it appears to be the same settings if you were to right click on your specific site, in this case, youtube.
i clicked thru those... and upped the storage for specific websites i visit... and it seems to be working now.
or of course, the folks at adobe are reading this and fixing it behind the scenes!
good luck... keep me posted!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 13, 2009 0
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can set privacy settings from those pages, but I can't access my microphone or camera settings. What's more, if a website ever pops up a window asking me whether to allow access to my camera, it has the effect of locking up the whole page, since I can't close that window.

I'm using an iMac I bought in 2008, with MacOS Leopard 10.5.6.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 17, 2009 0
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am glad to have finally found a thread addressing my problem, I have had the same one since Flash went to version 10. I found that reverting to any of the version 9 flash players made settings manager responsive again, although that leaves me with a lot of pages that will not work correctly due to needing the most current flash player. I can also utilize the settings manager if I use portable Firefox. After reading this thread I logged out of my computer user account and logged in as a different user, oddly enough settings manager was totally responsive. This problem keeps me from using websites that do video calls and web conferences online. The day that I upgraded to the current flash version 10.0.22.87 the settings manager worked correctly, 2 days later it had stopped responding. This is a Sony laptop, running Vista Home Premium. If settings manager works with a different user logged on it obviously is not the computer, or the registry that has problems, I have also tried running Firefox in safe mode so all addons are disabled, that did not work either.I do not have this problem on a machine running XP.  Any help appreciated.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 26, 2009 0
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue running Windows 7 (64 bit) and using firefox (which is a 32-bit brower).   Everything with flash player works except the setting's box.  Have used the settings manager on the Adobe website and increased storage space for specific sites, but can't activiate my cam in chat rooms.  Adobe support has been no help at all.  They suggested using internet explorer in private mode (as if that is really going to fix the problem) and then they tell me to use a 32 bit brower (I've have already told them 3 times I AM using a 32 bit brower)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 23, 2009 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

patf, I am having the exact problem...I did a clean install of win 7 64 bit and installed the lastest flash player plug in.  I use both FireFox 3.5 and IE 8.  Both crash on settings manager right when I click the cam tab.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled flash player with same results everytime.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 24, 2009 0
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe are you listening, this is an ongoing problem and no solution except using an old version of Flash Player.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 24, 2009 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CheyenneDonna which older version will work?  Maybe I'll search the web for that version and try installing it???  Thx

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 24, 2009 0
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get around the issue by using Portable Apps Firefox, this contains a Flash plugin and by default the older version is used even if the version installed on the computer is newer. Just install portable apps to a folder in your documents and launch whenever you know you will need access to a working settings manager.  Any Version prior to 10 works correctly on my machine, however, some web pages will not work correctly that way.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 24, 2009 0