• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Flash Player Support

Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got a notice today stating that Adobe Flash Player support will end December 31st, 2020. I did read the Adobe Flash Player End of Life information but am not quite savvy in tech knowledge. If I remove this software, what software will replace it? Will it be from Adobe or some other source? Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

There are various technologies, such as HTML5, that offer the same, or similar, functionality as Flash Player.  The onus is on the content providor, not the content consumer, to migrate the content to a different technology.

As a consumer of Flash technology, you don't need to do anything as it's the content developer/creator that needs to update their content.  Note that in some cases, content creators have chosen to not update their content.  In these cases, the content will not be viewable af

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are various technologies, such as HTML5, that offer the same, or similar, functionality as Flash Player.  The onus is on the content providor, not the content consumer, to migrate the content to a different technology.

As a consumer of Flash technology, you don't need to do anything as it's the content developer/creator that needs to update their content.  Note that in some cases, content creators have chosen to not update their content.  In these cases, the content will not be viewable after Flash Player's end-of-life as browser vendors will also terminate support for Flash Player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the quick response to my inquiry. Have a great day.

Chris Real
[moderator: personal information deleted per community forum privacy policy]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines