Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Flash player test is showing disabled but it is enabled

May 27, 2017 May 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was a Security update for Adobe Flash Player on 5/22/17 and also a Security update for Microsoft Windows (KB401687).  

Since then when I run the Test Adobe Flash player, it indicates that it is disabled.   I've followed the instructions for MS Edge to verify the Advanced settings

and ensured that the switch is ON to enable Adobe Flash Player but it still indicates that it is DISABLED.

Also as a result, when I go to any website to play a video, like within weather.com.   it comes back that Weather.com is not responding.   like it just times out waiting for the flash player.

Any suggestions on what to do.   I've searched the Adobe site for clues, I've tried to reload Adobe flash player.   Should I uninstall the last two updates from 5/22/17???

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2017 May 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the SAME problem. Received my laptop in December with Windows 10. It says it is ENABLED but Flash says it is DISABLED. Any help?????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem and it just started today trying to watch MLB.Com.  Adobe's troubleshooting advice is useless. I've always felt that Adobe software causes more problems than benefits. Adobe Support is non-existent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just in case someone from Adobe is actually monitoring this conversation, let me provide a few facts:

-I'm on the latest version of Windows 10 which was updated last week and the latest version of Edge updated at the same time

-I have been using my HP Desktop to watch Yankee games om MLB.com for years and never had a problem until today

-I suspect an update to Flash was done recently, possibly in the last day or 2, and is the cause of this problem

Therefore, I'd like to know when Adobe plans to fix the problem or when they plan to refund the cost of my MLB subscription which is apparently useless now.  Some indication that someone at Adobe actually cares about this issue would be helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is NOT an Adobe issue... you need to blame Microsoft Microsoft – Official Home Page

Microsoft does not allow external installs into Edge or Internet Explorer

If you want the latest Flash Player, you will have to use a non-Microsoft browser

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John, How is this ann MS problem if it was working on my desktop after their most recent updates, but not today.  If MS made no changes than it must be Adobe who changed and perhaps broke the interface with MLB.com, correct?

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 30, 2017 May 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't matter what Adobe does with the very latest version of Flash... Flash updates are controlled by Microsoft, so if MS has not updated their approved Flash version in their two browsers, I don't see how this can be something Adobe did

Did you search for Flash help at the Microsoft link?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 30, 2017 May 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The bottom line is browser vendors are moving to a Flash Player click-to-play model, in  favor of HTML5, and making it more difficult for users to view Flash content.

If you're on the latest version of Windows 10, Creators Update, Version 1703, Microsoft has implemented this click-to-play model.  Please view this Microsoft blog post for more information, Extending User Control of Flash with Click-to-Run - Microsoft Edge Dev BlogMicrosoft Edge Dev Blog , including how to enable Flash on a per-site basis.  Yes, Microsoft's click-to-play implementation is per-site.  There is no blankeet 'always allow' option.  If you have comments on this new behaviour, please direct them to Microsoft, as they are the developers of IE/Edge and control this new behaviour.

<edit>

Just in case someone from Adobe is actually monitoring this conversation

The forums are primarily user-to-user communication medium.  Staff monitors the forums Monday - Friday, during normal business hours, in-between their normal workload.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines