• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Flash Player version 27 for Firefox and Windows 10 could not be installed.

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2017 Sep 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

The download of Adobe Flash v27 for Firefox on Windows 10 fails when I try to run it. If I 'run as administrator' I do get a dialogue box requesting authority to make changes to the computer, but then nothing. Therwise (eg if I double-click on the file) there is a small amount of computer activity but nothing actually happens.

Any suggestions please?

Thanks

Paul

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I was not able to reproduce the issue. Could you please try uninstalling Flash player from Uninstall Flash Player for Windows and try downloading/installing again.

If the problem persists, please let us know.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2018 Dec 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What if Flash Player in Wordpress Blog is the name of the installer file you are using? We have various installer files and the file name will tell me exactly which one you are using. At which point in the installation workflow process is the crash occurring? For example, immediately upon launch, after entering the Admin UserID/password, something else? Does the crash generate a crash log file (usually saved at ~/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/)?  Is it possible to embed a Flash Player in wordpress (inline) so the user can automatically view in the video format even if it is not installed on clients's system. E.g i have a [moderator: link deleted; self-promoting your site is not allowed on these forums] this page and i want to publish an ebook in video format. can i do this? If so, please upload the file to Document Cloud at cloud.acrobat.com/send (see instructions at How to share a file using Adobe Document Cloud) or some other file sharing service of your choice that doesn't require user-account to access, and post the link to the uploaded file in your reply. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 17, 2018 Dec 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your post makes no sense.  It copies/pastes several comments made by other staff members and myself.

This discussion topic is over 1 year old and doesn't seem to be relevant to your comment, as such, I'm locking it.

If you do have a valid issue, start a new discussion topic and provide the following information:

• Operating system version
  • Web browser and version
  • Flash Player version
  • Explain your problem in step-by-step detail if possible
  • A direct link to a web page that demonstrates the problem
  • If you get error messages, please provide a screenshot

Furthermore, self-promoting your site is not allowed on these forums.  If the purpose of your post is to self-promote your site, that does not contain Flash, you will be reported to Forum Admins for deactivation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this a machine in an enterprise organization?  It's quite possible for a system administrator to push Group Security Policies that would prevent our installers from running.

The installation logs would be pretty helpful in understanding why the installation is failing:

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.html

Also, you might try the alternate "offline" installers.  Links are at the bottom of the guide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines