• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Flash Player will not run

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2019 Apr 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To whom this may concern, I downloaded the Adobe Flash Player application on my MAC.  My system indicates that it is downloaded and current. I can't get it to "run" on the website I'm looking at and it prompts me to "Get ADOBE FLASH PLAYER" and I've already done this.  I receive the same error message on Safari and Chrome.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled, looked at the responses in this forum and tried several of the solutions, I still have the same issue.  Can you all assist?

[moderator: edited formatting for ease of reading.  Black font on dark blue background is difficult to read)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Most modern browsers block Flash by default (and in some cases, will require you to re-enable it every time you close the browser). 

You'll need to enable it.  This page has current instructions for various browsers: 

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,
Apr 21, 2019 Apr 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you can see flash installed here

Adobe - Flash Player

it's certainly a website coding problem so you should contact the website developers to fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 22, 2019 Apr 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All browser's block Flash by default. As we move towards the Flash's end-of-life at the end of 2020, major browser vendors are adding more friction to the end-user experience and making it more difficult for end users to allow Flash to run.  To that end, content developers must keep up with these changes and adjust their Flash detection to conform to the constant browser changes.

With that said, please provide the following:

• Mac OS version
  • Browser you're using, including version
  • The direct link to the content you are attempting to view

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is doing it in chrome and microsoftedgr also it is being blocked in bith browsres , it worked fine 3 days ago and started on day 2 it will not allow it contuins to block no matter how maney times you set it to allow . with that said adobe needs to eather do an update or find out just what is going on with it . My self if i could uninstall it from the browser i would and use a different one .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Adobe is doing it in chrome and microsoftedgr" - Adobe is not doing anything to these browsers.  Adobe has no control over how a browser loads Flash Player.  The browser only prompts to load Flash if the browser detects the content requires Flash Player.

What is the direct link to the content that is not working?

Alternatively, you can try Firefox, which uses a different Flash Player plugin than Chrome and IE/Edge.  If you install Firefox go to https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer (with Firefox) and download the Flash Player NPAPI plugin for Firefox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Most modern browsers block Flash by default (and in some cases, will require you to re-enable it every time you close the browser). 

You'll need to enable it.  This page has current instructions for various browsers: 

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines