• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Flash Pop Up on my Mac

New Here ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last night I received a pop up from Adobe on my MacBook Air saying I needed to uninstall Flash. Because I was in the middle of a project, I clicked on the "remind me later" button and it took me to a page of instructions stating that I would receive that notification again or I could go through the steps supplied in that note. In this world of malware and fishing, I didn't want to do anything without first verifying with Adobe this was a valid notifcation from Adobe. If that's true, will Adobe really be sending out another popup with the link for me to uninstall Flash? Thanks,

Mary

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

That's a legitimate notification prompting users to uninstall Flash Player priot to its end-of-life at the end of 2020.

The prompt uninstalls Flash Player silently in the background and then launches default browser to a 'thank you' page with an optional offer.

To confirm Flash Player has been uninstalled, do one of the following:

• Go to System Preferences and confirm Flash Player Settings Manager is not listed
  • In Finder, go to /Applications/Utilities and and confirm Adobe Flash Player Insta

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's a legitimate notification prompting users to uninstall Flash Player priot to its end-of-life at the end of 2020.

The prompt uninstalls Flash Player silently in the background and then launches default browser to a 'thank you' page with an optional offer.

To confirm Flash Player has been uninstalled, do one of the following:

• Go to System Preferences and confirm Flash Player Settings Manager is not listed
  • In Finder, go to /Applications/Utilities and and confirm Adobe Flash Player Install Manager.app is not listed

Note that this doesn't uninstall Chrome's embedded version of Flash Player.  Per the Chrome Flash road-map Google will remove Flash from Chrome in Chrome 88.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines