• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Flash purposely installing garbage software.

New Here ,
Jul 09, 2017 Jul 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I was forced by YouTube to "update" my flash player, and when I did, It tried installing a bunch of garbage along with it. I quickly stopped the install to prevent it.

So I see another topic about it, that's locked, where staff say that you can choose not to install them via the webpage.

Guess what? You know this is scam tactics. Putting options on a WEBPAGE, when the installer is an EXE that has no options to change these install settings.

Not only is this purposefully deceitful, but it violates several programming ethics rules. You KNOW people are going to ignore the page, to click the BIG YELLOW INSTALL BUTTON. You designed it this way on purpose and these other software manufactures have PAID you based on getting many people to install this garbage via dishonest and purposely misleading install tactics.

I am DONE as a customer.

You might think I'm just saying this, like everyone else, but won't actually do it,.. wrong. I am done.
I will not do business with a company that uses these tactics, as it reflects on anything I am doing as well if I use their products. Any company that uses this software is in the same boat and I will make youtube aware of it, as well as anyone else that uses this trash.

With your software dropping in use,.. you are getting what you deserve.

The thing that REALLY got under my skin, was how you responded in the other thread, with an attitude, using the webpage options as a shield for your excuses. The thing is, you just didn't have anyone well versed enough to call you out on what you were actually doing.

You will lock/delete this too, because companies like you are cowards when it comes to being forced to acknowledge negative responsibility with issues concerning moral obligations and obvious, willful deception for profit.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jul 22, 2017 Jul 22, 2017

You really want to go that way?

I am welcome to NOT use it?

So if a webpage that I NEED to view, has Flash on it, then I am FORCED to use it. I am not using it to make money on a website. I am not using it for anything but to VIEW something that I need to view. I did NOT ask for it, it's not something I need,.. it is something I am FORCED to install, in order to view the information I need to view.

I do find it really funny that a company will take the stance of "Well you are welcome to NOT use the

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your feedback.  Flash Player is free software, and you're certainly welcome to not use it.

For your convenience, I've posted links to our uninstallers below:

Uninstall Flash Player - Windows:

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html

Uninstall Flash Player - Mac:

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-mac-os.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2017 Jul 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You really want to go that way?

I am welcome to NOT use it?

So if a webpage that I NEED to view, has Flash on it, then I am FORCED to use it. I am not using it to make money on a website. I am not using it for anything but to VIEW something that I need to view. I did NOT ask for it, it's not something I need,.. it is something I am FORCED to install, in order to view the information I need to view.

I do find it really funny that a company will take the stance of "Well you are welcome to NOT use the software.", when their stance SHOULD be, "We are sorry for the inconvenience of this situation. We will work to make sure nothing in our products is misleading in the future."

You see, you are blaming the customers for your own deceptive practices.

Trust me, once this gets around, more and more, people WILL chose not to use these "products".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 23, 2017 Jul 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks again for sharing your valuable insight and feedback.

Have a great weekend!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines