• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Flash Replacement

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not computer savvy and have had my laptop since 2011.  It runs on Windows 7 and works well for me.  I just had a pop-up notice that Adobe Flash will no longer be available for use after December 2020.  I have many PDF's, etc. that I currently use Adobe Flash to open.  What do I do to ensure I will still have use of my files.  Are there any other FREE programs that will solve my problem.  This is time sensitive and I am a senior on limited income and unable to purchase a program.  Please advise me of my options.  Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

adobe flash didn't (and doesn't) open pdf files.

you can use the free acrobat reader to open pdf files, https://get2.adobe.com/reader/

p.s.  be sure to uncheck the mcaffee tag-along-ware unless you are 100% certain you want it on your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe flash didn't (and doesn't) open pdf files.

you can use the free acrobat reader to open pdf files, https://get2.adobe.com/reader/

p.s.  be sure to uncheck the mcaffee tag-along-ware unless you are 100% certain you want it on your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Acrobat Reader DC installed. I'm wondering if the free version is enough for one single small-business if you're not going to be using it for collaborations or analytics? I see there are by subscription standard and pro versions also available. Further, I was reading this article about how to optimize the code? https://html.com/html5/  on the hotmail.com website, nd oh my gosh! Now, I'm just totally confused. I am by no stretch of the imagination your most tech-savvy individual. All I really want want is for things to run smoothly without too much fixing or adapting code needed from my part. I also saw (and I'm using Chrome btw...), this https://venturebeat.com/2020/02/04/google-chrome-80/ about Chrome 80. Apparently, this too, f offered for Chrome users to replace flash. Please? Are there really necessities to doing all this code stuff, r would one good app properly installed be all that the average entrepreneur need? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, I can't seem to be able to edit my above question. Sorry about the spelling mistakes and partial words. I should have checked it better before I posted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're post is extremely confusing.  What exactly are you looking for assistance with?  If you're looking for assistance with Acrobat Reader DC, please post to the Acrobat Reader DC community forum.

You're comments regarding HTML5 and Chrome 80 are very confusing and don't seem to apply to anything Flash Player (the community forum you posted to) or Acrobat Reader (you're first question), nor anything Adobe can assist with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought it was clear what the question was. Sorry you were confused. The
question was, were the aforementioned good replacements for Adobe flash and
if not which app would be. That's it and that's all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i can't determine why you're asking any questions about flash.  are you trying to create or change a website?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

not either.

I was trying to determine what a good replacement app was for adobe flash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

to answer your question:  my best guess is there is no replacement and you don't need any replacement. but really your question can't be answered accurately until we know what you mean by "adobe flash" or, at least, what you think adobe flash is and what it does.

for example, while adobe flash can mean a number of different things to different people, most commonly adobe flash means the adobe flash player.

the adobe flash player was a browser plugin that allowed web browser's to display certain animated interactive browser content.  but because you indicated your not trying to create or change a website, it seems unlikely that's what you mean by adobe flash.  ie, it's still not clear what you do want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, this is a pretty convoluted thread tbh. We can try this one last time?
Then, I'll just have to thank you for your efforts if you cannot
construe my meaning any further as to what I wanted, what I had, and what I
thought that app did.

1) I may wish to create a website later. However, it is correct that I am
neither trying to change or create a website atm, no. But, there were many
other things that Adobe Flash Player assisted with besides those two
applications and all that they might entail... For instance, supporting
vector graphics, embedded audio, video and raster graphics, to name a few?
I thought. Now, you are also correct in that when referring to the app I
had I did say Adobe Flash, (sometimes alternately labelled as Shockwave
Flash.) I had no idea it would be so difficult to ascertain that it was, in
fact, "Adobe Flash Player" that I referred to. Hope we've got that that bit
covered. Apologize if you found this too confusing and that it's taken so
many messages to sort that out.

2) The one and only question that I have is, "*What Available Adobe App*
would function *similarly to the old and discontinued Adobe Flash Player?
please."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

html5 is the replacement.  you don't necessarily need any software (other than a text editor) to create html5 content.

otoh, there are "helper" programs available to make html5 creation easier.  adobe animate's html5/canvas is one such program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Flash is not (and never was) used for opening .PDF files - that is the job of Adobe Acrobat Reader, with is not going away. 

Adobe Flash Player is a browser-plugin for loading animated content within a webpage (.SWF files)

If you want to open .PDF Files, use programs like Adobe Acrobat Reader 

(You may be confused, because some internet browsers (like Microsoft Edge) have secondary functionality of opening .PDF files if you don't have dedicated programs. this functionality is not relying on Adobe Flash Player, so Flash's EOL will not affect that.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Wojtek G!

I do have the acrobat reader... and I'm good with those bits; I appreciate
the troubleshooting though.

Actually, I'm going to be getting help to figure out how to deal with and
what plugins to use with animated content etc., that is, when I do get
around to building a website! ;))

So, I think I'll give it a rest now as to what was best for replacing the
functionality of the now-extinct Adobe Flash Player.

Have a good day!

Angelica

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines