• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Flash Uninstaller

New Here ,
May 31, 2017 May 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a powermac 2014.  Recently, I have been getting downloads to uninstall Adobe Flash.  My Flash is the current version.  These downloads are occurring several times a day.

Is this malware?  Why is this happening?

Not certain this is the right forum but unable to find anything related to Flash.

[Moved from the Lounge (which is where you can "connect with your peers" from across all of Adobe's products for conversations that don't directly relate to help and support) to a product-specific support forum - moderator]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

It most likely is malware.  Can you please post a screenshot? See How to take a screenshot on your Mac - Apple Support

What OS X version is this on?

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I left the adobe uninstaller on my desktop for future reference just in case I was asked as you did for a screen shot.

It has disappeared from my desktop and it is not in my trash. This always happens. It disappears.

When I am reading various news sites, what appears to be a letigimate Adobe icon appears with the Adobe uninstaller within the window. I never download it but it appears on my desktop anyway. I have never opened it since I do not wish to uninstall Adobe.

I am running Sierra 10.12.5. The next time it appears again, I will immediately take a screen shot. I suspected it might be malware and it appears you think the same.

Thank-you for your reply. I will keep you posted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, that would be helpful. Please also include the entire URL for the site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2017 Jun 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has been quite awhile before the Adobe uninstaller appeared on my desktop again.

Here is the screen shot you asked for:

Screen Shot 2017-06-27 at 5.07.34 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-06-27 at 5.07.34 AM.png

I have never opened it since I do not wish to uninstall Adobe.  I think you are right, this is malware.  Is adobe aware these apps are appearing on desktops?

Hope this helps.

Alexander Wild

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Have you downloaded the Flash Player uninstaller before? It seems that the uninstaller is mounted and is not getting unmounted properly.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi alexanderw55135668

That is a very old version of Flash Player.  The red branding was updated to maroon/burgundy 2 years ago.  The new uninstaller icon looks like:

Screen Shot 2017-06-27 at 8.06.16 AM.jpeg

When you updated to macOS 10.12, did you do a clean installation (i.e. reformat the hard-drive and install), or just did an update over the previous version?  Do you use Time Machine for backup?  Essentially, this 2+year old uninstaller exists somewhere on your system and for some reason mounts itself every once in a while.  You'll need to find where it's at on your system and delete it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did as you mentioned and used the old uninstaller to uninstall Adobe.  Downloaded a fresh Adobe flash.  I thought one was able to simply take the updates as they came along but apparently I was wrong.

I was unable to respond to your post but with a restart, it became possible.

Also, do I need Akami?  I am unable to get it started?

Thank-you for helping me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 28, 2017 Jun 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I thought one was able to simply take the updates as they came along but apparently I was wrong.

Not sure what you mean by this.

Also, do I need Akami?  I am unable to get it started?

Not sure what you mean by this, either.  Akami is a CDN provider.  What do you mean "unable to get it started?"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines