Adobe Flash Update v30.0.0.134 Will Not Install

New Here ,
Jul 22, 2018 Jul 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 Home version 1803

Firefox 61.0.1 (64 bit)

Adobe Flash Player 30.0.0.113 installed

The executable file for Adobe Flash Player 30.0.0.134 (flashplayer30au_ha_install.exe) downloads. When trying to "Run" the installation an error cannot connect to server pops up.

This has been going on for a few weeks now and have not found a way to update the player. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Connection Error.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jul 22, 2018 Jul 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you try with another computer/network? are you using any anti-malware or anti-virus?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 23, 2018 Jul 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We'll need to review the installation log files to review further.  Please provide the following files for the same installation attempt:

• FlashInstal32.log saved at C:\Windows\SysWow64\Macromed\Flash
  • FlashInstall64.log saved at C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash
  • Adobe_ADM.log saved at C:\Users\<YourUserID>\AppData\Local\Temp\Adobe_ADMLogs
  • Adobe_GDE.log saved at C:\Users\<YourUserID>\AppData\Local\Temp\Adobe_ADMLogs

Upload the files to cloud.acrobat.com/send using the instructions at How to share a file using Adobe Document Cloud or some other file sharing service of your choice that doesn't require user account login.  Post the link to the uploaded files in your reply.

Thank you

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2018 Jul 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I loaded the files you requested to my gmail drive but have never tried to create a shareable link before. Please let me know you can view. Thanks for your help.

Adobe Flash Install - Google Drive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for providing the files.  I was able to download them. I do see some errors I'm not familiar with and will need to escalate to the online installer team to review the log files.

In the interim, the offline installers are posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows 7 and earlier page, in the 'Still having problems' section should work.  I apologize, I thought I had included this in my previous reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. As a reminder I am using Windows 10. Please let me know when a solution is available.

I tried to follow your suggestion to go to the link Flash Player for Firefox - NPAPI but ran into an authenticity problem.

The following page showed up after clicking on Flash Player for Firefox - NPAPI prompting me to contact the website owner.

Macromedia Offline Installer.PNG

I am at a loss on what else I can do to resolve the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 26, 2018 Jul 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

It sounds like there's an issue with your system.  Do you get the same error using a different browser?

Does your Windows 10 system have the latest updates installed?  If not, please install the latest updates

Is proxy server enabled on this system?

• Using Control Panel
    • Navigate to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items
    • Select Internet Options
    • Navigate to Connections tab
    • Click on LAN settings
    • post a screenshot of the LAN settings tab
  • In Firefox
    • Navigate to about:preferences#general
    • Scroll down to Network Proxy
    • Click Settings
    • Post a screenshot of the Connection Settings modal dialog window

Note:  If there is a network proxy enabled, I would recommend uploading the screenshots to cloud.acrobat.com/send (see How to share a file using Adobe Document Cloud ) and then private messaging me the link to the uploaded files instead of posting them here.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2018 Jul 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't use another browser and am concerned that if I download one there will be a conflict between the two browsers.

Windows 10 updates are good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 30, 2018 Jul 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for messaging me the screenshots.  One of the screenshots indicates Firefox is configured to use a proxy server, but there are no proxy server settings.  This is most likely the reason for the issues you're experiencing.  If you aren't using a proxy server, change the setting to No Proxy and try again.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2018 Jul 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Flash continues to show the same error. I cannot install the Flash update due to a connection error according to Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 31, 2018 Jul 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To confirm, did you change Firefox's proxy setting to 'No Proxy' and triy again?

The connection error in your Firefox screenshot is an issue with Firefox and/or your system, not Adobe's servers.  Flash Player is installed thousands (if not millions of times) per day and there are no other reports of this specific issue.

A few things to try:

• Verify the date and time on your system are correct.  If not, change it to the current date and time
  • Use a different browser to download the installer file?  If not, try that.  If using a different browser results in a connection error it's further indication that there is some issue with your system.
  • Are you using security software that may be interfering with the download?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2018 Aug 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maria,

Answer to all above. Yes, yes and yes. I followed all instructions that you suggested... with the exception of using a different browser.

The reason for that decision was my experience with multiple browsers in the past when Microsoft insisted that their browser Internet Explorer was part of the OS which caused havoc when I tried to use Netscape Navigator. They never played nice with each other.

That being said, I finally tried Microsoft Edge but I it seemed to be a sluggish oaf of a browser (or so I thought) which also failed to download the Flash update. More on that later. So I went back to Firefox 61.0.1 (64 bit) and then tried to download Opera and came up with the very same error as described in post #5 "Secure Connection Failed" as when I tried to download Flash Player for Firefox - NPAPI.

[Early in this thread at the prompting of Robert McDowell I disabled my AV and firewall (Bitdefender Internet Security 2018 and Zone Alarm Firewall) but Firefox failed to update the Flash Player.]

I disabled my AV and firewall again went back to Microsoft Edge to download Opera with success. I then opened Opera - which by the way is a pretty fast stripped down browser -  and was able to successfully complete the Adobe Flash Player update (with the AV and firewall disabled).

It's difficult for me to put my finger on the exact change which allowed the Flash Player to update. In Firefox the Network Proxy was changed to "No Proxy", both the AV and firewall were disabled. I used a different browser to download and install the Flash Player update.

I learned that browsers don't fight with each other as they once did. As a bonus my browsers... all of them, Edge, Opera and Firefox all run more smoothly. Some of the other quirky things - which I don't remember mentioning - such as the slow and incomplete page downloading has disappeared which remains a mystery to me.

I appreciate the advice and help you gave me along the way. Indeed the problem wasn't with the Adobe downloader.

Thanks for holding my hand for the last week.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome.  I'm glad you were able to install Flash Player.

Microsoft embeds Flash in IE and Edge and all Flash Player updates for IE/Edge are distributed by Microsoft via Windows Updates

Firefox and Opera use 2 different types of plugins:  Firefox uses NPAPI Plugin and Opera uses the PPAPI plugin.

For NPAPI & PPAPI Flash Player updates, it's recommended users opt into Background Updates (update option = 'Allow Adobe to install updates (recommended)).  With this option selected, Flash Player checks for an update, silently in the background, once per day.  If an update is a available, it's downloaded and installed silently in the background with no user intervention.  This option also updates Flash Player within 24 hours of an update being available (assuming an active internet connection is available).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since you posted that Opera uses a somewhat different configuration of Flash Player I opened the web browser and downloaded the executable file. I opened it and the same failure as described in my original post showed up.

However, Firefox shows the updated version of the Adobe Flash Player from the previous download.

You can imagine my disappointment and confusion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yah, there's definitely something wrong with your system that is resulting in the error.  I would recommend taking it to a trusted computer repair person to troubleshoot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2018 Aug 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well that's not the answer I'm looking for. I would probably be better off reloading Windows 10 from scratch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 02, 2018 Aug 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well that's not the answer I'm looking for

I can understand that, however, the fact that you can reproduce the behaviour on other sites, and you're the only one reporting this issue indicates that this is an issue with your system.  Troubleshooting the issue with your system is beyond the scope of the focus of these forums.  Hope you can understand.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 13, 2018 Aug 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is the date and time on your computer correct?  That's a simple problem that could cause certificate validation to fail.

If that doesn't help and you have a commodity wireless router, you might power-cycle it.  If the problem goes away, it's probably because the router was infected.  Those infections don't typically persist through a reboot of the router, but they'll come back as soon as the router is discovered and reinfected.  Update the firmware from a trusted, known-good machine to prevent the problem from recurring (and think about setting up a scheduled reminder to keep updating it, or consider upgrading to a modern router that keeps itself updated).

Also, a wipe and reinstall probably isn't a bad idea.  Something weird is happening.  It's not really passing the sniff-test for me.

I'd definitely bounce the router and apply any pending firmware updates before re-imaging, just to be doubly sure that you're getting legitimate payloads.  It's pretty unlikely as there are multiple redundant defenses against getting impostor binaries or patches (nobody writing installers or updaters trusts the Internet to just deliver the bits to you untouched), but you might as well reduce the risk that your router is hostile to zero.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines