• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Flashplayer missing from Windows 10. How do I get it back?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2019 Jan 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pre-installed Flash Player with Windows 10 isn't working and there isn't anything wrong with settings etc.  Troubleshooter isn't showing any fault.  There just isn't any sound on any site I go on although Adobe Flashplayer is enabled on all - Facebook, YouTube etc.  No sound at all.  Tried Troubleshooter, tried restoring to the default and restarting, tried all the usual sound checks.  It's like Flashplayer has been deleted or somehow installed wrongly.  Totally confused! 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 20, 2019 Jan 20, 2019

Ok, that's really useful, because it shows your fault isn't Flash. How can I say that? Because a few years ago, YouTube changed and it no longer uses Flash. (Many web sites have out of date info, which is confusing).

So, your solution to this serious problem won't involve Flash. You can check whether it only involves Edge, or whether it is absolutely, completely, silent even in other apps. That may tell you whether to check out Edge or the sound system.

If you have headphones, try plugging them in

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 20, 2019 Jan 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have problems with sound on Youtube specifically?

What browser do you use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No.  No sound on PC at all.  YouTube - I checked it was on in the drop down.  Microsoft Edge is supposed to have sound when in use.  Realtek Digital Output is 100% and Troubleshooter found no problems with that or speakers.  The sound was missing after a recent Microsoft update and Reset PC to factory settings hasn't got the sound back.  I've tried all the usual Tests. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, that's really useful, because it shows your fault isn't Flash. How can I say that? Because a few years ago, YouTube changed and it no longer uses Flash. (Many web sites have out of date info, which is confusing).

So, your solution to this serious problem won't involve Flash. You can check whether it only involves Edge, or whether it is absolutely, completely, silent even in other apps. That may tell you whether to check out Edge or the sound system.

If you have headphones, try plugging them in, in place of the speakers, to test the speakers. That's all the ideas I have for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks.  I think what you say is right - I am beginning to think its not Flash.  I don't have headphones but will borrow some and try what you suggest.  Thanks for your help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines