• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Reader will not open Flash Player on my iMac

Feb 22, 2015 Feb 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Folks,

For some reason I cannot install Flash Player.  I used to have it on my iMac but now don't, maybe I inadvertantly deleted it somehow?

I've tried re-downloading the app but keep getting the message as below.

I've even tried copying the download to a Flash drive from my Mac Pro ( on which it works fine) and saving it directly into the Utilities folder on my iMac, still no luck.  When I click on the icon it only comes up with the option to "remove" Flash Player

Got any ideas?

Cheers

Peter

Screenshot 2015-02-22 11.17.02.png

Flash Download screen shot.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 24, 2015 Feb 24, 2015

Hi Peter,

Double-clicking the DiskImageMounter.app won't do anything by itself.  You first need to right-click on the DMG that you want to open and then select Open With, then navigate to the location where DiskImageMounter.app is.  After selecting DiskImageMounter.app, place a checkbox next to 'Always Open With' at the bottom of the window.  This will make it the default app to open DMG files, as in this screenshot:

DiskImageMounter.png

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 23, 2015 Feb 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

It appears that somehow Reader has become the default program to open DMG files.  You'll want to open the DMG with DiskImageMounter.app.  DiskImageMounter is found in /System/Library/CoreServices/DiskImageMounter.app.

• Right-click on the DMG installer file and select 'OpenWith'
  • This will reveal a menu that should have DiskImageMounter.app listed.
    • If DiskImageMounter.app is not listed, select Other... and navigate to /System/Library/CoreServices/DiskImageMounter.app.
    • This will mount the DMG revealing the actual installer .app file inside
    • Double-click the .app file and proceed with the instructions to install Flash Player.

You'll actually want to make DiskImageMounter.app the default program to open DMG files so that you don't encounter the same scenario in the future.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 24, 2015 Feb 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maria,

I found 'Library' ...eventually but I'm not sure how.

Unfortunately I am not computer literate, so what do you mean by your 2nd and 3rd sub bullet points?  I have tried double-clicking on the Disk Image Mounter.app but nothing happens.

And, how do I make my DiskManagerMounter.app  the default program to open GMG files?

Many Thanks

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 24, 2015 Feb 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

Double-clicking the DiskImageMounter.app won't do anything by itself.  You first need to right-click on the DMG that you want to open and then select Open With, then navigate to the location where DiskImageMounter.app is.  After selecting DiskImageMounter.app, place a checkbox next to 'Always Open With' at the bottom of the window.  This will make it the default app to open DMG files, as in this screenshot:

DiskImageMounter.png

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 25, 2015 Feb 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maria,

Many thanks for all your help, very much appreciated.  Everything works fine now.  Heaven alone only knows what I did to undo the app in the first place.

Best Regards

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2020 Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Maria - 

Looking for some help with a similar issue! I just got back from Germany where I test drove a Porsche around a famous race track and the video from the onboard camera was put onto a flash drive for me to remember the event. I paid and extra $50 for this option to have the video. When I returned home to access the flash drive on my Imac computer I get the same "pop up" as Peter listed above. Through a google search i found this thread. I cannot find the DiscImageMounter.app you make mention of. Where do I find it? Hope you can help!

Regards - Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a very old discussion. And a Flash drive isn't anything to do with Flash Player, confusing I know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry, I really don't understand what you're trying to do here.  Flash drive is a storage device.  Flash Player is a brwoser plugin.  As the OP mentioned, this is a very old topic.  Most likely your issue isn't at all related to this, and I can't tell if it's Flash Player related.

Does the video you are attempting to view require Flash Player?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have a flash/thumb drive (portable storage device) that I am attempting to view the content on. When I first plugged in the device to my Imac computer I got a prompt to select Adobe to view the files on the flash drive. I selected yes, and as a result I get the same "pop up" as Peter. Pop up states that the file is not supported or damaged. I thought I would inquire of your expertise since the pop up was the same as the gentleman above listed. Im assuming because the (flash drive) was not done on a mac computer maybe that was the reason? I just really want to view these files (video) and am afraid it wont work? Is there a way? Any help or assistance you could render would be greatly appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I see the connection. But here your probem is trying to get something off a Flash Drive, not install Flash Player. Anyway, this file -- is it a DMG file? A PDF file? Something else? It all depends what type of file it is, so please check that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not exactly sure what type of file it is. Im goint to post them below. These were videos taken from a camera on board a race car.

20200806_182420305_RNPRO-220_Lap_12_0min27sec474.rnz

20200806_182420548_RNPRO-220.idx

Are you able to tell what type of files these are from above?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

AH, I think I see what happened. Happens to a lot of people. It asks you how to open the file. This isn't a quiz and you shouldn't guess! But if you do guess something - and a lot of people guess Acrobat Reader because it's near the top of a list, it remembers. Now you're stuck in a world where every time you try to open the file, Acrobat Reader tries, but it will always fail.

So, what are they really? Some research says they seem to belong to Race Navigator Pro. They aren't videos you can watch, but are ready for use with the RN Analyzer app. https://www.race-navigator.com/rn-apps/ This could get very complicated very quickly, and that's as far as we can go in this forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines