• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Shockwave stops in the middle of video stream.

New Here ,
Aug 05, 2018 Aug 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I go to watch a show when it gets to the ad in the middle, the video will freeze and tell me that Adobe Shockwave stopped working. This only happens on a couple sites but I can't seem to find a fix for it. I'm currently using Google Chrome and would like to continue doing so. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Google on both affected devices but it only works temporarily. There are work arounds that work mid video but I would like to solve the issue and not worry about it. I only noticed this after I updated Chrome.

Edit: Adobe Shockwave no longer works at all on affected sites. All I get is an ad, a frozen video and a message sating Shockwave is not responding.

[This post moved from Adobe Shockwave Player to Using Flash Player by Moderator]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 13, 2018 Aug 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please work through the video troubleshooting guide.  In particular, try disabling hardware acceleration.

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/video-playback-issues.html

If the problem persists, a crash report would be super useful:

Report a Flash Player crash or error

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines