Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe will not accepting my password installing Flash player install manager

New Here ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PLEASE will someone help me.

All I want to do is install Adobe Flash player Install Manager so that way I can uninstall it on my Mac computer. The only problem is, in order to do this it is propting for me to put in a password.

I tried my Mac password. This did not work

So I changed my mac password and tried again. This did not work.

I changed my Adobe password and tried this password. This did not work.

I did these two things about 7 times each. For it to never work.

I think my brain is broke and I've gone mad.

Spent a half hour with Mac support and they directed me to Adobe support and after 45 minutes they directed me to this forum...seems like a downgrade..

PLEASE can someone help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

This is an operating system prompt and the information required is the userid/password you use to log into your computer, assuming it has administrator permissions. This is NOT your Adobe ID/password.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an operating system prompt and the information required is the userid/password you use to log into your computer, assuming it has administrator permissions. This is NOT your Adobe ID/password.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response!

Like I mentioned in my initial post, I did address this as my login credentials for my computer. And it did not work so therefore I even changed my password for my computer login credentials and checked to make sure that it worked to log me in my computer just fine, and then tried to input it for the Adobe installation and it DID NOT work. So I address this first.

Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Since the password request comes from the system, Adobe has no control over what password is needed. I don't know why your system password isn't accepted (unless your user does not have enough privileges) but while Apple support gave up, it's still in their court.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines