• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe window popping up....want it to stop!

New Here ,
Mar 23, 2020 Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally updated flash player bc everyday an Adobe box is there telling me to, and now when I open google chrome, an Adobe page opens up too, which it didn't do before. I want this to stop! Can someone tell me what to do?  Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the URL (web address) of this unwanted Adobe page? Beware of fake Flash updates, it's a major form of attack.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Google embeds Flash Player in Chrome, so there is no need to install it separately.  While they do embed it in the browser, it is disabled by default. The browser relies on the content Flash detection scripts to determine if it needs to prompt the user to allow Flash or not.  Once a user allows Flash, Chrome remembers this setting until the user closes/exits out of Chrome, so the next time the browser is launched and the user attempts to view Flash content, they'll be prompted to allow Flash again.  This is a browser feature and something that Adobe can't control.

See https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/6258784 for information on this feature

See https://www.chromium.org/flash-roadmap for information on Google's Flash Player road-map in Chrome (which extents to Chromium-based browsers)

If you're experiencing different behaviour, please provide the direct URL to the Flash content you are attempting to view.

Also providing the information @Test_Screen_Name is asking is also helpful.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines