• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ads for Adobe Flashplayer disable Safari even after new Flashplayer installed

New Here ,
Dec 07, 2019 Dec 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting pop-up ads for Flash Player that disable Safari.  

Mac OSX Mojave 10.14.4  I have gone to the Adobe website, downloaded the installer and installed Flash Player and a helper.  I have uninstalled Flash Player and reinstalled it.

And I continue to get pop-up ads from

https://sl1.admedit.net/advertise/?adown=919&cmp=2833&cid=15757487711221062583130048419779628&pubid=...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

Official Flash Player does not display any ads, much less ones that disable Safari.  The only pop-up you'll see from officisl Flash Player is an Update Notification pop-up.  I'll forward the link to our fraud team.  In the future, feel free to report directly to phishing@adobe.com (https://helpx.adobe.com/security/alertus.html)

What you're seeing are fake/malicious Flash Player pop-up ads, evident from the link you posted, and not something Adobe has control over. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on Windows and I never see a flash player popup

When was the last time you used a good anti-malware program to scan your computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would prefer a relevant reply, preferably something helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If someone has fake Flash Player ads, it’s not under Adobe’s control. This is a scam/attack. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had trouble before with Adobe downlowds, and I see from the related conversations that this is a chronic problem.  Adobe gave me this address for help.  This is not working, at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, scammers are a chronic problem, always trying to infect us. If you want to intall Flash Player, go to http://get.adobe.com/flash . But it won't make these fake ads stop, they are designed to trick you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Official Flash Player does not display any ads, much less ones that disable Safari.  The only pop-up you'll see from officisl Flash Player is an Update Notification pop-up.  I'll forward the link to our fraud team.  In the future, feel free to report directly to phishing@adobe.com (https://helpx.adobe.com/security/alertus.html)

What you're seeing are fake/malicious Flash Player pop-up ads, evident from the link you posted, and not something Adobe has control over. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines