• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After install I can't run flash player on my Mac

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2011 Jun 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've followed all of the directions to install flash reader (10.3) on my mac (safari 5) and after it's done (says it was successfully installed) it gives me the message "restart all open browsers to run" and I've tried restarting everything down to the entire computer, but flash player is not there!  I've looked everywhere, and all I can find is the Install file, with no actual program, and I'm unable to open the files I need because "no such program exists" when I try.  What's going on?? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, make sure the Shockwave Flash plugin for Safari is Enabled. Someone else said they had to do that in Preferences also.

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed Shockwave, and I have all plugins enabled, but I'm not seeing one specific for shockwave... should I?

EDIT:  After checking on the adobe website to verify shockwave is installed, I started having the problem of my internet unexpectedly closing every single time I clicked the link to see which version (if any) I had.  I don't know if this is significant or not, but my internet is fine until I click that link, then it just closes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I read your Edit. That is probably because the Shockwave Flash plugin is not Enabled. The term Shockwave is used with the Adobe Shockwave Player also, but that is different than the Shockwave Flash plugin. The Flash Player Installer places the Shockwave Flash plugin that is the control for Flash Player.

Take a look at this short thread:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/785468?tstart=0   

Then check with your Safari browser here to see what version of Flash Player is Installed.

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/155/tn_15507.html

Finally this is the Mac Troubleshooting guide which may be helpful. It also has screenshots.

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/865/cpsid_86551.html

Hope these are helpful,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the flash player plugin where the first link said to look, and I verified on safari that all plugins are enabled, though I am still not seeing anything specific to the flash player plug in there, or on my computer where i found the flash player plugin i didn't see if it said enabled or not.  I'm not sure if its supposed to?   I have the 10.3.181.22 version installed (second link) and the troublshooting link doesn't help either.  😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am going to have to go out for a while. If you use click-to-flash or any adblock, turn that off.

I'll check back in later.

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I'm an idiot!  Somehow I followed the wrong link with what I was originally trying to do, and trying to open the file with the wrong adobe.  It was supposed to be the Digital Editions but I guess I clicked the wrong spot and was trying to use Flash Player the same way.  Major fail.  I know how to do what I was intending to do now, but I'm still a bit confused as to why I can't locate the flash player that is installed on my computer... but everything I need it for seems to be working, so....  Thank you so much for the help!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, I'm not too familiar with Mac, but my sister has an iMac and I have tried finding some info on Flash Player. See if this helps:

Flash Player plugin: HD>Library>Application Support>Adobe>Flash Player>Flash Player plugin         
Note: I don't know if this means if Flash Player is Installed that this is where it is located or not. If so, then where is
the Shockwave Flash Plugin located, same place in the browser as others, or Preferences?

I know what is needed for Flash Player to work, but locations on the Mac is my problem. I need to spend more time at my sister's house:-)

Glad FP is working for you.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines