• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After installing new version of Flash on Firefox, cannot open a saved web page

Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried to open a web page I had saved and got notice I need to update to new version of Flash, which I did and it is correctly installed . However I still cn't open the saved page, I continually get the notice about updating.  I tried everything on help here and nothing works.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Browser disable/block Flash by default, forcing users to enable/allow it, usually on a per site basis.  Additionally some browsers (Chrome69 and newer) delete the user's preference when the browser is closed and the user must allow Flash again, on a site they had previously allowed Flash on, in a previous browsing session.

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html contains links to enable Flash in the various supported browsers.

Additionally, if the Flash content you are attempting to view is saved locally, see 'Disabling local-with-filesystem access in Flash Player by default' section of the Flash Player 23 Release Notes to enable the viewing of locally saved Flash (swf) files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this. Unfortunately it did not help. I have determined that the problem seems to be just with one page (html) that I downloaded and although I could open it previously after the update I no longer can.  Since no other downloaded or saved

pages seem to be affected, I have simply deleted this one. Life goes on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 26, 2018 Oct 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When you download the page, does it actually download the associated swf assets?

Was it after a Flash Player update or Firefox update?  The most recent version of Flash Player (31.0.0.122) was released October 9 (almost 3 weeks ago).  The most recent version of Firefox (63), was released October 23.  If the issue started after the Firefox upgrade, it's potentially a Firefox issue.  I recommend contacting the content developer and/or Firefox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines