• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AFTER UPGRADING, I CAN'T WATCH VIDEOS NORMALLY

New Here ,
Jul 23, 2018 Jul 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just installed 30 PPAPI Flash into my Win10 PC and when I watch videos on Youtube or any websites, that is just so lag. There is one more thing that I deleted the other version, 22 PPAPI, I guess. Should i keep the newest version or bring the older one back?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 23, 2018 Jul 23, 2018

Youtube doesn't use Flash any more.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try a forum for Flash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Youtube doesn't use Flash any more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to YouTube not using Flash Player anymore, Chrome embeds Flash Player PPAPI and there is no need to install it separately.  If you do have a non-embedded version installed, Chrome always loads the most recent version, be it the embedded or non-embedded version.

If you have examples, other than YouTube, of Flash not working, provide direct links to that content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2018 Aug 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YouNow - Broadcast Live

This website keeps freezing at regular intervals for me

every minute, it freeze for 10 seconds, I tried another browser and it does the same thing, freeze 10 sec every one minute

>>maria__ please can you verify if it does the same thing for you?

I have 4 Gb of RAM on windows 7 64 bits , intel core 2 duo  2.4 ghz

and I was able to see this website correctly  before June, never had a problem before

and i did not change anything except I had a chrome update

the minute after that, the problem started

I had  contacted the help support at

YouNow Support

and it did nothing

Maybe I did not asked the correct things

peoples on this forum told me that the charge is on their part to solve this

>>Would you like to contact them please that would be so  nice if this problem would be solved

Please... help...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I had  contacted the help support at YouNow Support  and it did nothing"

so, are those developers aware of their users or not?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have contacted them 2 times, but I am not a flash player tech, they just said " we will be forwarding your issue to the specified department"    and nothing has changed so far

can you verify if this problem happens to you too please

Infos are in my previous message

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Robert Mc Dowell, can you try the website to see if it works please, or if it does the same thing as me (freeze every each minutes for about 10 seconds, it freeze the video and the whole page >>> but not the other tabs of chrome or anything else)

If so, can you send them a bug ticket to their "help desk" , link is in my previous message

that would be very nice, because I have done this myself and they just say they forward the issue to the appropriate section, but nothing has changed so far it's been 2 month (since the flash update in june)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well, when you say "the website is freezing every 10 seconds" do you mean the entire website or the video only?

on my side the video is freezing every 5 seconds which has nothing to do with the entire web page which is not freezing

and means a video buffer too short due to network, server congestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, Robert, thanks a lot for the follow up, so what do we have to do? I have addressed a help ticket to their help forum (see the link in my previous message) but maybe I am too amateur with them

Can I ask you if you would like to help me on all this and send them a ticket about specific things about this please?

The video streams are freezing one time every one minute for me, I have 4Gb ram and also when I monitor this with task manager it shows a CPU peek when the freezing occur.

Can we solve this problem until it work well please.

>>>The video freeze and the whole page seems  to freeze with it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

unfortunately it's not something you can solve by yourself or myself, it's just a decision made on the website

developers side since it's currently a video settings (and maybe more).

did you try to update your graphic card video drivers to the last version? maybe it will help.

also make a try on another computer and see if it's the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I meant, "solve" by telling them specific terms so they could change what's not working

Maybe if you send them a "ticket" on their "help board forum"  if you use specific words, the right words, maybe they will know better what to do, can you , please?

I have update my driver to see if this helps, and it didn't , and the drivers (nvidia) has kept crashing so I reverted to what windows update gives as driver for my card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines