Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Alternative for Flash player.

New Here ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there !

I have an internet-radio, using Flash Player to stream my music / programms.

As Flash Player will disappear by th end of this year : what alternative can I 

use / implement to keep on streaming in 2021 ?

Please advise.

Many thanks and best regards,

Eric

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Flash is not essential for streaming.  Your Internet radio will need to switch to other technologies if they haven't already.  There is no Flash Player replacement. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash is not essential for streaming.  Your Internet radio will need to switch to other technologies if they haven't already.  There is no Flash Player replacement. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy !

Do you mean the "host" of my internet radio ?

Do I have to change things myself or do I just sit and wait ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The host/server must be changed. If you sit and wait, expect to go offline. You're already offline for many people, for example people using phones or tablets. Don't wait!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to know - I'll see to it !

Much obliged !

Eric.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I didn't know Flash Player was not available to use starting today, January 12, 2021.

I've been Google searching to find out what alternatives are being offered to those of us who've been using Flash Player throughout the years & relied on Flash Player!

I landed up in this forum to find an answer to my question. I see many others are asking the same exact question as I am. "What's the alternative did they come up with since we can no longer use Flash Player?"

I was shocked when I just read "There's no alternatives!"

I did however find an Abdobe Flash Player site that is charging a lot of money if they want to use Adobe Flash! There's 3 different packages to choose from but you now have to play for it!

If you ask me, I think everything comes down to the almighty dollar, as usual!

So this is brillant, why didn't anyone come up with an alternative inplace of Flash Player?

I don't understand why there's nothing else we can download & use in place of FP.

I only read one reply to all those who're asking, "What can we use inplace of flash player?"

The reply from: Adobe Flash was: "There isn't any alternative for flash player!"

That's good to know!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe announced Flash Player's end-of-life in July 2017, three and a half years ago, giving content creators time to migrate their Flash content to a different technology.

With regards to your comment "I did however find an Abdobe Flash Player site that is charging a lot of money if they want to use Adobe Flash! There's 3 different packages to choose from but you now have to play for it!", this sounds like the Harman solution for Enterprise customres.  This is not for non-Enterprise customers.

For reference:

For enterprises that are dependent on Flash Player, there are a couple options available to keep legacy applications alive. 

Technical details can be found in the Flash Player Admin Guide: 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines