• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Always permit flash player camera and microphone access for a particular website

Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am wondering if it is possible to always permit flash player camera and microphone access for a particular website?

Right now when I access a particular internal website I see a window similar to the following:

pop_privacy

I want to always allow access ONLY for the website in question. Is this possible?

Also, if the above is indeed possible, can I do it without making users manually configure some setting through a GUI? For example, change a registry value, change a value in a configuration file, etc.

TOPICS
Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assuming your users are members of an enterprise, and you can manage the Flash deployments on their machines, you can totally do this. 

Please check out the Flash Player System Administrator's guide, here: 

https://www.adobe.com/devnet/flashplayer/articles/flash_player_admin_guide.html

It's also worth pointing out that browser restrictions on both Flash loading and Camera/Mic access complicate things.  Chrome mediates all access between Flash and the camera/mic as an example, such that they'll only prompt users if all components of the page are loaded over HTTPS, and Flash can only detect the presence of a camera and microphone after the user grants access to the camera and microphone in Chrome's UI.  If you wanted to smooth all of that out, you'd need to do some administrative magic for both Chrome and Flash.  This generally applies to most major western browsers at this point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2020 Mar 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply.

I looked at the documentation you provided and tried adding the following parameters to %SystemRoot%\System32\Macromed\Flash\mms.cfg and %SystemRoot%\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\mms.cfg  on the client:

AVHardwareDisable = 1
AVHardwareEnabledDomain = myserv01.mydomain.local

Surprisingly, nothing seems to have changed? I still see the window I posted above when I access the flash site on the server. (I restarted the client, of course). Did I miss a step somewhere?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 02, 2020 Mar 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What browser are we talking about?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both IE and Firefox show the same result.

I also tried adding the server IP address with AVHardwareEnabledDomain to the mms.cfg file and accessing the server via the IP but nothing changes.

It just occured to me that this server website is accesed via a non-standard port (i.e. NOT 80 or 443). Maybe that is the issue? Must the port be added to AVHardwareEnabledDomain or set in some other place?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As an experiment I tried adding the port number to AVHardwareEnabledDomain but nothing changed. The "<website> is requesting access to your camera..." window is still poping up. For reference, here are the contents of my mms.cfg files:

AutoUpdateDisable=1  
DisableProductDownload=1  
AVHardwareDisable=1
AVHardwareEnabledDomain=myserv01.mydomain.local
AVHardwareEnabledDomain=myserv01.mydomain.local:5080
AVHardwareEnabledDomain=10.0.1.100
AVHardwareEnabledDomain=10.0.1.100:5080

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines