Am I gonna be able to execute Flash.exe files after December 31 2020?

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, In my company we have several courses made in Adobe Animate but exported as flash.exe files. As we all know, flash player will be useless next year. But, does that mean that my courses could not be executed in 2021? Do I have to migrate them to a different tecnology? The courses are not in the Internet, we have them in a local folder where users can access them. The courses have video, audio, images and text. I hope you can help me.

Sorry for my english, it isn´t my fist language

TOPICS
Update

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020
My guess is that they will continue to work, at least in the short-term.  You can test this by setting the date on your computer forward.  Try Feb 1 2021.  Long-term, at some point, a change to the operating system will probably break these (much of what we do on Flash today is about keeping up with browser and operating system changes).  Flash will no longer be maintained at that point, so nobody is going to fix it for you.  You would be better served by migrating your courses to modern techn...

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your company's Flash content developers should have migrated to new technology 3 years ago when this EOL was first announced.  They will need to recreate content in JavaScript.

Nancy O'Shea, Adobe Product User & Community Professional
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"The courses have video, audio, images and text."

HTML5 can do all that and more.

https://www.w3schools.com/html/html5_video.asp

https://www.w3schools.com/html/html5_audio.asp

Or look at Adobe Digital Learning Solutions (not included in Creative Cloud).

https://www.adobe.com/elearning.html

Nancy O'Shea, Adobe Product User & Community Professional
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My guess is that they will continue to work, at least in the short-term.  You can test this by setting the date on your computer forward.  Try Feb 1 2021.  Long-term, at some point, a change to the operating system will probably break these (much of what we do on Flash today is about keeping up with browser and operating system changes).  Flash will no longer be maintained at that point, so nobody is going to fix it for you. 

You would be better served by migrating your courses to modern technology, this way you're not trying to rebuild your courses as an emergency because they unexpectedly broke.  You might want to take a look at Adobe Captivate (our tool for building courseware), which outputs courses to HTML5.  https://www.adobe.com/products/captivate.html

There's probably no good way to convert your Animate project, but for courses originally created with Captivate, converting from Flash to HTML5 was mostly a matter of simply republishing the course to the new format.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines