• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Any type of Audio continues playing when Action Script stops it or the Movie Clip it's nested in is removed | Rare bug with certain Google Chrome and rare occasions on other browsers

Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2017 Jun 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, today I come to the forums with a bug I'm having in a web-game I'm trying to create. In preview everything works fine but on my Google Chrome browser things begin to break. No matter what type of sound is being played it wont stop. On my Firefox browser every sound works as should. I've tried this on two other machines and I get the same result. Every sound in my game is loaded in with an external SWF. The things that have sound are rooms and my music engine. Each loaded in Movie Clip is removed with myMcName.removeMovieClip(); which gets the job done.. until Google Chrome. The sound instance continues to play and no matter what I try to remove the sound it plays.

Here is a little information:

Personal Computer

Firefox version 34.0 using Adobe Flash Player 20.0.0.306

Chrome version 59.0.3071.86 (Official Build) (64-bit) using Adobe Flash Player 25.0.0.171 (something I want to note, this is no where to be found on my computer the only version my Add\remove Programs says I have is Adobe Flash Player 20)

Secondary Computer

Firefox ERS version 45.9.0 using Adobe Flash 25.0.0.148

Google Chrome version 56.0.2924.87 using Adobe Flash 25.0.0.171

Third Computer

Google Chrome version 59.0.3071.86 using Adobe Flash 25.0.0.171

Anyone able to help me out? It's very much appreciated. (edit) I've updated my Adobe Flash to the beta 26 and it fixes the audio glitch but now makes my game half-unuseable on 20 no issues but on 26 I have issues. I have an in-game interface and anything underneath it is unclickable and anything loaded on top of it is useable.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 08, 2017 Jun 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Player is a built in component of Google Chrome, which is why you don't see a separate entry for it.

I'm pretty sure that this is a bug that's fixed in our current beta.

You can get the latest beta build here: http://www.adobe.com/go/flashplayerbeta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The audio issue was fixed in the beta build but it created a glitch in my in-game interface. I should try to debug the issue but considering the issue was created in this version of Flash it's another Flash Player bug.

The top area of the screen becomes unusable underneath the interface. When ever something is loaded in over top of the interface Movie (It's loaded in with a custom Movie Clip Loader Class) the entire screen becomes useable again. So, yeah.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Definitely file a bug.  If you can just give us a working link and describe the symptoms, we can bisect it pretty quickly.  If you post a link to the bug here, I'll get someone to investigate. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I already filed a bug report here: Tracker it talks about the audio issue and the new glitch Flash 26 creates. Is it okay if I can Private Message you the link to the game? It's still in Alpha testing and the domain is locked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines