• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Anyone else think it's ridiculous you can't straight up contact support? Need help with flash!

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2019 Nov 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First things first as a community on any site it should be a goal to have access to the companies support without jumping through hoops clicking around and finding nothing. Second, does anyone else find it ridiculous the there isn't an "Always Allow" function for the play on sites. I use Microsoft Edge to watch Spectrum TV yet everytime I go to the website I have to allow the flash player, and it tries to start a download and it's just plain stupid. I've searched tirelessly and as far as I can tell I can't add Watch.Spectrum.Net to any sort of safe list except allowing it to play in full screen. Anyone else share this frustration, and possibly have a solution?

TOPICS
Browser , How to , Performance , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 17, 2019 Nov 17, 2019

All major browsers have now removed the option in order to provide more “friction” (aanoyance) to using Flash. It will get harder still. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. It's FREE. Of course you can't contact tech support, there isn't any.

2. The "always allow" option is in your browser, NOT in Flash. All the browser are deliberately making it really annoying to use Flash, so that you stop and/or bug the web sites which are still using it, even though they have had years to convert before it's turned off in 2020.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fair point that it is free, however I've searched the browser permissions and it's not there. Thanks for the heads up tho!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

change browser, use seamonkey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

All major browsers have now removed the option in order to provide more “friction” (aanoyance) to using Flash. It will get harder still. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines