• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Application Initialization Error running Flash Installer!

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2017 Jun 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris,

I have both Google and IE 11 on my Lenovo Thinkpad Edge laptop. I am running 64-bit Windows 7.

I have uninstalled Flash Player. I have cleaned out the registry. I have deleted all traces of Flash Player. I have done everything I can find in these forums. I can download the flash installer. It goes into my downloads directory. I have checked all file permissions and have run it as the administrator. I have even re-located the flash installer into a different directory before running it. I turn off my virus software. And then I run the installer. It invokes the Windows installer (I assume that is normal). Immediately after it looks like it is going to run, I get an Adobe box that says "Application Initialization Error" with a button that says "Finish". When I click the finish button, the Adobe box closes, and it actually goes in an DELETES the Adobe installer program from wherever I have it located. Again, I have run the uninstaller several times, and cleaned everything out (including the registry). I have downloaded the installer in both Chrome and IE, with the exact same results. When I query Chrome, it does say that I have the latest version, and when I try to use the update button, it does nothing. Will you provide some guidance for this please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 26, 2017 Jun 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi docrobert

In order to troubleshoot the 'Application Initialization Error' we'll need to obtain the online/shim installer log files from you.  The online installer log files, Adobe_ADM.log and Adobe_GDE.log are saved at C:\Users\<YourUserID>\AppData\Local\Temp\Adobe_ADMLogs. Please upload both files to cloud.acrobat.com/send using the instructions at How to share a document and post the link to the uploaded files in your reply.

When I click the finish button, the Adobe box closes, and it actually goes in an DELETES the Adobe installer program from wherever I have it located.

This (file deleting itself after execution) is expected behaviour for the online/shim installer.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2017 Sep 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to install Adobe Flash 27.0.0.130 and keep getting this error

application initialization error

I have windows 7 pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'll need to get the installation log files from you to troubleshoot the 'application initialization error'.  Please review the FAQ Where do I find the Flash Player installation log on Windows? and provide all files listed: FlashInstall32.log (and FlashInstall64.log if this is a 64-bit OS), Adobe_ADM.log and Adobe_GDE.log.  Upload the files to cloud.acrobat.com/send using the instructions at How to share a document and post the link to the uploaded files in your reply.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please also provide the Adobe_ADM.log and Adobe_GDE.log files, as per the FAQ.

Thank  you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

Are you using a proxy server, or a web proxy tool (such as Charles Proxy, Wireshark, etc)?

Please do the following:

• Launch the Control Panel
  • Navigate to Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > Internet Options
  • When the Internet Properties window displays, click on the Connections tab
  • In the Connections tab, click on the LAN settings button
  • Which itebox is checked in the Local Area Network (LAN) Settings window?

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Automatically detect setting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't use a proxy server

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for confirming.  The error in the Adobe_ADM.log file usually indicates one or the other as the culprit.  I'll forward the log file and information to the online installer team for further investigation.

The offline installer posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Mac page, in the 'Still having problems' section hould work for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2017 Oct 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Are you planning to provide me with the solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 02, 2017 Oct 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sent the log file to the online installer team for review.  They said the same thing I did - the error usually indicates a proxy server or web debugging utility is in use which inserts its own certificate, thus invalidating the certificate verification.  You indicated you were not using a proxy server or web debugging tool.  The online installer team member said they would be in touch with you to troubleshoot further.  I don't know when that will be.

In the mean time, I did provide a work-around, which is to use the offline installer posted at the bottom of the help page I linked to in my previous post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2017 Oct 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

correct

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you have Flash install errors 99% of the time they have to do with the FlashPlayerUpdateService.exe not being able to be replaced.

Some Flash installs set ONLY System permissions on C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed folders so Administrators have ZERO permissions to delete that file and that file HAS to be deleted to update Flash with the newer version.

So if you EVER have any errors with Adobe Flash installs navigate to C:\windows\SysWOW64\Macromed and take ownership of all files and folders and DELETE all the contents of the Flash folder and reinstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your comment, but it's not relevant to the issue reported on this topic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As a network admin where we do 89,000 installations of Flash every month, I have seen this "application installation" error numerous times and this folder content is the cause. Delete it and the install works fine.

The log file is actually in c:\windows\syswow64\Macromed\Flash as well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines