• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Application initialization error with Firefox

New Here ,
Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep getting an error when I try to download the Flash player. I'm using Windows 8.1 as my operating system and Firefox as my browser. Plus, Comodo as my security system. This has been going on for several months with me trying to 'update' to the newest version.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll need to get the installation log files from you to troubleshoot the 'application initialization error'.  Please review the FAQ Where do I find the Flash Player installation log on Windows? and the Adobe_ADM.log and Adobe_GDE.log files.  Upload the files to cloud.acrobat.com/send using the instructions at How to share a document and post the link to the uploaded files in your reply.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2017 Dec 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maria,

I think I got the correct log that you requested link-

https://files.acrobat.com/a/preview/a0ad9c8f-988a-4913-8da9-2c0f86f62bd3.

If you need something else, please send more instructions.

Becky

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 15, 2017 Dec 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi beckyn42646705

The link contains the FlashInstall32.log file.  For this error, I'll need the Adobe_ADM.log and Adobe_GDE.log files. 

The files are located at:

• Vista and above: C:\Users\<YourUserID>\AppData\Local\Temp\Adobe_ADMLogs
  • XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<YourUserID>\Local Settings\Temp\Adobe_ADMLogs

Note: The AppData and Local Settings directories may be hidden see Show hidden files/folders (Windows 7 and above) or Display hidden files and folders (Windows XP) to view hidden folders.

I apologize, I forgot to include the link to the offline installer in my previous comment.  They are located at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows 7 and earlier page in the 'Still having problems' section.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines