Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Application Initialization Error

New Here ,
Dec 19, 2017 Dec 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Operating System: Windows 10 Home (2016)
Browser: Chrome Version 63.0.3239.108 (Official Build) (64-bit)

I tried to download and install the flash update but get the "application initialization error".  I then read possible solutions and tried the desktop installer.  I

now see the program:

adobe.JPG

However, Flash still isn't working as I don't see clouds even after refreshing the page:

adobe2.JPG

I have read lots of posts about "application initialization errors" but can't seem to solve the problem.  Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

Will

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018
Why is it that the program appears to  have installed (see the previous screen shot) but isn't working?

As mentioned in my previous comment, Google disables Flash by default in Chrome, forcing the user to enable it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 20, 2017 Dec 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

'Application Initialization Error' is an error returned by the online installer.  To troubleshoot, I'll need to view the Adobe_ADM.log and Adobe_GDE.log files.  They are saved at C:\Users\<YourUserID>\AppData\Local\Temp\.  AppData is a hidden directory.  If you do not see the directory, see Show hidden files, folders, and filename extensions in Windows 10 and earlier for instructions to enable 'view hidden folders'.

Upload both files (Adobe_ADM.log and Adobe_GDE.log) to cloud.acrobat.com/send using the instructions at How to share a document and post the link to the uploaded files in your reply.

You indicate that you are using Chrome, which uses the PPAPI plugin, but your screenshot of the installed programs shows NPAPI plugin, for Firefox.

Google embeds Flash Player in Chrome and you most likely do not need to install Flash Player PPAPI plugin.  Google does disable Flash by default on Chrome, forcing users to enable it.  Usually on a per-site basis.  See Use or fix Flash audio & video - Computer - Google Chrome Help  for assistance.  If after working through this tech note, Flash still doesn't display, it's possible Google's Site Engagement Index score is preventing Flash from displaying.  See Google Groups  and Flash Roadmap - The Chromium Projects 'Site Engagement Index' section for more information.

If you do not use Firefox, I recommend uninstalling Flash Player NPAPI plugin.  If you do use Firefox, you may need to enable Flash Player in the browser.  See Why do I have to click to activate plugins? | Firefox Help for assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2017 Dec 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maria,

Thanks so much for your response and I will work today to get the files you requested.  I do have a question.  Supposedly, but downloading and installing flash from the desktop installer, I should have avoided the problem entirely.  Why is it that the program appears to  have installed (see the previous screen shot) but isn't working? 

Thanks,

Will

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Why is it that the program appears to  have installed (see the previous screen shot) but isn't working?

As mentioned in my previous comment, Google disables Flash by default in Chrome, forcing the user to enable it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines