• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ArgumentError: Error #2108: Scene Scene 2 was not found.

New Here ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey , can you help me ?

i have assignment in adobe flash professional to Create button Trailer 1 , it will link to video
page Trailer 1. The text description will fade in and appear from right into the page. The logo and button will animated appear from right side of the screen to the allocate position. Page Trailer 1.Icon home will link back to Home Page .The logo will fade into the page.The subtitle “Trailer 1” will animated appear from left side of the screen to the allocate position.Create functional animated button (dropdown Button) for Button Play, Button
Pause and Button Stop.The video is pause at start.

ArgumentError: Error #2108: Scene Scene 2 was not found.
at flash.display::MovieClip/gotoAndPlay()
at Untitled_fla::MainTimeline/toTrailer1()

ArgumentError: Error #2108: Scene Scene 1 was not found.
at flash.display::MovieClip/gotoAndPlay()
at Untitled_fla::MainTimeline/toBack()

TOPICS
Error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Flash Player reached it's end of life in December 2020.  The ROI on learning ActionScript at this point is pretty low.  Your time would be better spent learning how to do animation and interactivity with Animate CC, HTML Canvas and JavaScript.  If you're paying a university or college for this course at this point, they're doing you a disservice.

More background on Flash EOL can be found in the announcement from 2017, here: 
https://theblog.adobe.com/adobe-flash-update/

To answer your actual

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Flash Player reached it's end of life in December 2020.  The ROI on learning ActionScript at this point is pretty low.  Your time would be better spent learning how to do animation and interactivity with Animate CC, HTML Canvas and JavaScript.  If you're paying a university or college for this course at this point, they're doing you a disservice.

More background on Flash EOL can be found in the announcement from 2017, here: 
https://theblog.adobe.com/adobe-flash-update/

To answer your actual question, we're not really in the business of debugging code (and especially homework).  Embrace the struggle.  It's the part where you get stuck and then dig deep / beat your head on the keyboard for a few hours to figure out why you're stuck that really builds skills and understanding.

As an aside, I wouldn't use spaces in object names.  I'd do camel case (preferred), dashes or underscores, and maybe use a more descriptive name.  I don't think that's the issue, but it creates complexity that isn't worth it. 

Also, you may need to make those movieclips available to actionscript. 

https://help.adobe.com/en_US/as3/dev/WS5b3ccc516d4fbf351e63e3d118a9b8ea63-7fee.html

If that doesn't help, the error message is pretty clear.  You're trying to play a movie called "Scene 1" or maybe "Scene Scene 1", and it's not visible from ActionScript.  Check your movie names in the object properties and your actual code for typos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines